“relaxing, friendly, comfortable, except for construction”

MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Kingsport
New York, NY
“relaxing, friendly, comfortable, except for construction”
Reviewed April 20, 2009

Stayed here on a biz trip to KIngsport for 2 nights. Right off the highway, great location.
Super comfortable beds, lots of parking, and relaxing scenery.
My only complaint was that on my final day, I stayed in for an extra hour and realized the noise that the construction for the new renovations causes. I was trying to get some work done before my flight home, and there was this horrible drilling sound that made it near impossible.
I called the front desk to ask if there was anything that could be done and the manager said no, but told me to come down to the restaurant and they would comp me a breakfast and that it was nice and quiet down there. Considering the inconvenience, they were very accomodating and apologetic.
Once the renovations are done, this place will be even better.
Great bar/lounge in the lobby...watched the march madness with lots of friendly people on business, had a nice steak and a few beers. Not the cheapest option in the area, but it was better than driving around kingsport looking for somewhere to eat, when all the places close early due to recession.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank keefnyc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 16, 2009

I had a lovely stay here a week ago while teaching at a convention that was onsite. The hotel seems to be plopped down in the middle of a large piece of land that allows great views of the surrounding mountains.

I especially enjoyed having my morning coffee in one of the many rocking chairs in the courtyard, and going out there again in the evening with a margarita. -The bartender did a terrific job on those!

Everything about the hotel was clean and well taken care of. The rooms were spacious and the beds extremely comfortable... it was hard to get out of bed in the morning! The fitness center was well-kept and had many machines to choose from. There were even two flat screen TV sets to watch while on the cardio equipment.

The hotel was under a renovation while I was visiting, but it never disturbed me. You can only tell that they are under renovation when you look down from the courtyard and see the area where the construction workers set up.

I ate at the restaurant twice during my stay, and enjoyed it very much. I highly recommend the salmon.

You're sure to have a pleasant stay here.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Jonesboro, AR
Reviewed February 26, 2009

Not pleased at all. Asked for mountain view room...could see the mountain only between the mud splattered all over our windows, and beyond the massive crane and workers that were right outside our window Friday, Sat, & Sunday!!! Construction even on the other side of one of the walls in our room! Was horrible experience. Rooms felt old, outdated, and cramped. Nothing hi-end about the hotel except for its lobby! Even charged for internet access whether in the room or the pathetic business center...Tacky in modern terms. Would not recommend!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Emily2009_9
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed November 4, 2008

I spent three nights here as part of a wedding weekend. We spent a great deal of time at the hotel and everyone on staff that we encountered was so friendly and kind. All needs were quickly met and their attitudes were consistently positive. The room was spotless (I felt very comfortable allowing my toddler to run free and touch everything!). The beds were very comfy. The restaurant had an excellent breakfast & lunch (did not get the opportunity to eat dinner). THe grounds were immaculate and inviting. I hear the golf is pretty good too! It is located in a beautiful spot, although not as secluded as the website makes it look. It is very close to nature parks and other key places in Kingsport. I highly recommend staying here. It absolutely represents what the Marriott chain is famous for.

• Liked — cleanliness & friendly staff
  • Disliked — parking was a little inconvenient
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed August 14, 2008

Went w/ spouse on business/pleasure trip to TriCity. We stayed at the Marriott Meadowview and it was really nice. We parked and the manager was outside and greeted us and walked us in. Checkin was easy and the clerk was helpful in pointing out some places to eat and things to see. The room was nice and the bed was one of the best I have slept in (including the watermark in Tx). Maids were wonderful and left us plenty of towels and lotions. The pool was okay - they are going to be remodeling it this fall. The bar was a happenin' place - we loved sitting outside by the fire ring and gazing at the stars. Bartenders were nice people. The restaurant was very good too. Nice breakfast buffet. When we have to return for a visit, we will definitely stay here again!

Stayed August 2008
traveler
Reviewed August 4, 2008

Hotel was beautiful and somewhat secluded. Was there for 2 nights on business. Rooms very clean...I'm also a germaphobe. I could smell the bleach in the bathtub! Perfect location to visit Bristol (Speedway), local area, and still have lovely accomodations. Great golf course, and large, yet cozy, lounge/bar area. We stumbled across a restaurant called the Kingsport Grocery Company, 435 E. Main St., downtown Kingsport. Even the concierge had not been there. You must go! Over 100 microbrews, old brick warehouse, dark hardwood floors. As close to NY style pizza as you'll ever find outside of NY! Also, a must for seafood lovers is the Riverfront Seafood Company. Fresh, delicious! I'm a foodie, and I was surprisingly happy!

• Liked — beautiful, secluded, restaurants nearby
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
North Carolina
Reviewed July 21, 2008

Beautiful facility -- loads of amenities!!! One shock was that such a lovely building, calling itself a resort, full of conveniences and comforts, did NOT provide a mini-fridge in the room. The sheets, being stiff cotton, were nice, but very LOUD and crunchy. All over, a lovely stay....the art-deco decor reminded us of the Titanic!!!

Stayed July 2008