This is a full-blown Marriott golf resort, tucked away in the Tennessee countryside. We found it almost by accident. The "drop-in" rates we got were phenomenal, so it was a no-brainer to stay here. While there were a couple wedding parties going on, the property seemed almost empty. We rarely ran into other guests, even in the restaurant. Our kids loved the expansiveness of the lobby, conference center, rooms, and the property as a whole.
(This is a full conference and convention center, so it is rather large, with ample facilities. We found out that it is owned by Eastman, who uses it primarily for their conferences and employee or corporate guest lodging.)
Everything about this property was solidly up to the Marriott standard, except the service. While the front desk was friendly and polite (as expected of a Marriott), they didn't recognize my Rewards status, or ask to help with bags, parking, and amenities (all expected of a Marriott). In fact, I'd go so far as to say the bell captain seemed reluctant to interact with me. Twice, he gave me a cart, instead of offering to help with the bags. Much worse was the restaurant service at the The Meadows. Priced like a 4-star restaurant, the service would have been bad at Denny's.The hostesses handed us menus and pointed at our table. At dinner, our server, didn't know the specials, the drink menu, or really anything about what they were serving. He didn't clear any dishes, and completely disappeared half way through dinner. Getting our check was such an issue, I almost had to go the the hotel front desk to resolve. We had the same cold shoulder from the host n the morning, though our server was much better.
I think that we'd stay here again, probably will. But we'd either use the lobby bar for food, or venture out into the local area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax, be productive and enjoy great accommodations at MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center. Our resort hotel in Kingsport, Tennessee offers a superior location near the scenic Smoky Mountains and close to Tri-Cities Regional Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelsforEveryone so you can book your MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Meadowview Conference Resort And Convention Center
- Marriott Meadowview Conference Hotel Kingsport
- Marriott Kingsport
- Kingsport Marriott