“Nice Hotel in the Tennessee Mountains”

MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Kingsport
Reviewed July 3, 2014

This hotel is a big resort hotel located in the mountains of Tennessee. The hotel was clean, and the people working behind the front desk at check in were very friendly. Another good thing about the hotel would be the excellent view of the mountains from the room. My only complaint, though, would be that the hotel had very thin walls, I could here people talking down the hall. I will definently stay here again if I come back to the Kingsport area.

4  Thank illinifaninky
There are newer reviews for MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We were very surpised by all kindness of everyone working there...We were there for a wedding ..Everything was great ...We stayed the night and was so very happy we did ..Our room was clean and smelled good...Beds were so nice ...We loved the balcony ,we enjoyed our morning coffee out there & the awesome views ...We will be back ....

Room Tip: We had to do a lot of walking ,and that was fine by us..But if you dont want to walk a lot ask for a...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Debby T
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Just returned ; loved this location... Customer service A plus. . When I called I ask for a balcony room and was told they would put in we wanted a balcony room but ! could not promise one.. Well we get there about 3 and I just wanted to let them know we was there and if possible ; I would love a balcony room and I said I know check in is not till 4 ; Young lady said I was in luck a king size room with balcony had just come open. I was so glad for Balcony and did not have to wait till 4.. I ask for a luggage cart so my husband could unload car ; They said oh honey we can do that for you ; I have never stayed at a place like this ; which I consider this a Resort. So Bell Hop came out to car and unloaded our luggage and we took to room. The room was cozy ; very clean and I loved the balcony view Amazing mountain view.. The only down side to place was room was very warm and it was hot outside ; so we turned air down and room never got cool after dark cooler on balcony.BUT ! What a wowonderful weekend ; we was there for a family reunion. . Everyone working there is very nice.. The outside had tables and Rocking chairs to enjoy beautiful views.. Restaurant and bar right there ; with very friendly service. . I will go back here for a vacation sometimes ; everything you need right there at Resort. Beautiful at night all lit up outside. . Thanks for the great weekend Marriott Meadow View Resort.. Amanda Kegley

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I saw a special rate while I was searching for a place to stay for a couple of nights ($124/night). We had stayed at the Marriott MeadowView Resort several years ago and remembered it as quite nice, and we have been to farm shows in the convention center. This time, however, the stay was not as nice. Our first room (across from the elevators/vending/ice machines) smelled sour and, well, someone had been ill in the bathroom recently--and the bathroom hadn't been cleaned. Pretty gross. We requested and were assigned (by a very pleasant person at reception) to another room on a different floor--pretty clean until the next day. NOTE: If you are last on housekeeping's list for the day, you will receive all of the detritus from the other rooms on the cleaner's equipment. We returned to a bathroom with all kinds of hairs from all parts of the human body wiped all over the floor--hairs that were NOT ours. Pretty gross again. The shower curtain liner also had lots of quarter-sized mold growths. Ditto, grossness. Anyway, the lobby is nice.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Mark E, Manager at MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Dear sir,

I sincerely apologize for your recent stay here . We pride ourselves in having a clean fresh smelling hotel rooms. I wanted to assure you that we appreciate the feedback concerning your stay and we use it constructively to train our staff to be more diligent in their cleaning process.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

All was fine until Saturday, when about 20 or more children arrived from a water park across the street. They came in their wet bathing suits and proceeded to take over the pool area at the hotel while many pizza deliveries were made for them. It was chaotic, in this otherwise tranquil setting.

Also, why charge for Internet use in guestrooms in this day and time?

Room Tip: Walls are thin. Heard everything next door even though the guests there were talking in a normal ton...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Patty P
Andy K, General Manager at MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

I'm sorry that you felt overwhelmed by the young people coming back to the pool area. There was a large swimming competition across the streeet at the Aquatic Center and many of the teams were staying in the hotel over the weekend. We try our best to accomodate all our customers including the swimmers that wanted to just have some fun between competitions. I hope that you will come back again another weekend in the future.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night on Saturday, May 24th, 2014. The hotel staff checking in were very polite and nice, and the architecture inside was quite lovely. Reminded you of a ski-lodge sort of atmosphere, very large and open with lots of brick and glass. The king room may have been a tad on the smaller side, but it was very clean, accompanied by chair and ottoman, and a desk to work at, with a flat screen tv. Had a refrigerator, iron and ironing board with a small closet. Nice reading lights attached to the headboard for reading at night. Very comfortable mattress with a great comforter and big fluffy pillows. The bathroom area was pretty small, but functional. We had a nice view overlooking the golf course and the grounds seemed manicured and well taken care of. I do want to give this hotel excellent marks for their customer service! We did not return to our room until about 10:30-11pm and we requested some additional coffee packets and cream....wasn't sure if we could get it that late in the evening, but within 5 mintues they brought these items. Also, I thought the room had a microwave (we brought our own microwave popcorn), but we noticed it did not, but when they brought up the coffee supplies we asked if there was microwave in the hotel we could use, and the young man who had brought the coffee supplies said he would bring us a microwave to our room! We couldn't believe it and told him that was probably too much trouble, but no, he said it was no problem. He left and within a few minutes returned with the microwave, plugged it in, and set all the settings! Wow! That was above and beyond. We also like the fact that you don't have to check out until 12noon (for us late sleepers). And lastly, I had left two curling irons in the room and didn't realize it unitl 2 days after returning home. I called the hotel and spoke with housekeeping and they had my curling irons and said they would box them up and return them that day. I received them the next day by UPS! (now, I did have to pay about $25 in shipping fees), but the fact they had kept them and so quickly got them returned to me was impressive. Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pupspals
Andy K, General Manager at MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Thank you very much for your comments and review of MeadowView. I am very pleased that the team here took such good care of you while you were here. Thank you for your business, we are looking forward to hosting you again soon!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

My wife and I stay at this property whenever we are in the Tri-Cities area, whether for business or pleasure. Excellent facilities, friendly staff, great food (albeit a bit pricey). Awesome special weekend rates!

Room Tip: Check out the Tempur-pedic floor! (You have to ask.)
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Andy K, General Manager at MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Thank you very much for your comments about MeadowView! I'm pleased that you enjoyed your visit, please come and see us again sometime in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingsport
Hampton Inn Kingsport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Kingsport TriCities Airport
Carnegie Hotel
Carnegie Hotel
#1 of 19 in Johnson City

Been to MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!