“Nice resort...but it's the little things”

MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Kingsport
Reviewed April 14, 2014

They clearly serve a lot of people and its a nice resort in general. However, they only had 2 luggage carts which were never available for such a big place. The parking could have been better laid out too. Be ready to walk a ways to get back and forth. The rooms seem kinda outdated for a newer looking facility. And it's very had to find anyone or get anyone's attention at the front desk.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed April 5, 2014

This is a rating of the restaurant. We recently ate a rather tasteless lunch buffet in the hotel restaurnt. The restaurant added an 18% tip. On top of that they also accepted an additional tip when my husband did not carefully study the bill. All the waitress did was bring us a glass of water and this after our meal was half over. She did not even clear the dirty dishes from the table. Shame on you!!! It has been our experience in other resaurants where the tip is already added to the bill, the waiter (waitress) will inform the guest and not accept the tip. As to the hotel, we have stayed there several times, but there are several other better and cheaper options nearby. The hotel rooms are small and the bathrooms are cramped. Regardless, don't bother to eat in the restaurant and if you must, be sure to study your bill very carefully. 18% to bring a glass of water to the table is absolutely ridiculous!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank READYTOGO2014
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I recently stayed one weekend when the hotel had to have been completely booked. There was a sorority conference taking place in the convention center as well as a trade show, and also a wrestling tournament staying in-house. There were young kids with their families and college-aged women everywhere. Despite the busy weekend, the service was fabulous. Every need I had was met with a staff member that went above and beyond to ensure my satisfaction. From pointing lost guests in the right direction, to finding a product not sold regularly in the gift shop, the staff was top notch! On Sunday, when checking out, I left my pillow in the room and drove 3 hours home before realizing it. I called and was able to speak with someone that same day to make arrangements for it to be shipped back to me. For excellent service and hospitality, be sure to stay here!

Room Tip: I stayed in a Corner Room with two walls of windows to let in plenty of natural light.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Andy K, General Manager at MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Thank you for making the trip to MeadowView and staying with us during that busy weekend. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the service you received from the team. As you know, it is important to maintain a high level of service on the weekends as well as the weekdays and I'm pleaed to see that this was the case. I will share your comments with our Hosts, I know they too will appreciate your taking the time to recognize them on Tripadvisor. Please come and visit us again sometime soon and I hope your favorite pillow has arrived back home.
Thanks again,
Andy

Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night. Very pleased. Marriott has done a nice job with this place. Checked in by Becky, who was outstandingly friendly and met all our needs. She recognized my platinum status and upgraded without even asking. I stay in lots of Marriotts...this was great!

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Exceptional front desk customer service...Warren went above and beyond to help. Everyone was friendly and attentive.We attended the Appalachian Athletic Conference Men's and Women's Basketball Tournament. It was a perfect venue.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 12, 2014

This is probably the best in town if you want more than just a room, the bar is good and breakfast is great. The rooms are average and a not different than what you'll find in any Marriott or Hampton inn for that matter. You're probably here to visit Eastman company and the hotel actually seems to be owned by that company.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We enjoyed a lovely couples getaway at this resort. The property is lovely. We'd like to go back when it is warmer to enjoy the outdoor areas and golf course. We were disappointed the Reedy Creek tasting room downstairs wasn't open on weekends. We did enjoy their wines at dinner. The front desk staff couldn't tell use if the winery's facility out back was open or not. We walked out to see and managed to arrive just as an employee was stopping in to get something. Even though it isn't open on Saturday either, the gentleman was nice enough to let us in for a tasting. We really enjoyed the wines and bought several bottles. Make sure you try the Friday night seafood buffet in the main dining room. It was excellent. Room service went above and beyond with our Sunday morning breakfast. I asked for a bran muffin if possible, even though it wasn't listed on the choices. Not only did I receive an amazingly moist and delicious bran muffin, the server told me the chef had prepared a batch just to fulfill my order!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BeachLoversLane
Andy K, General Manager at MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Thank you very much for your comments about MeadowView! I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the comments about the winery. We are expecting the grand opening of the Reedy Creek Winery this Spring but I am pleased that they were there to offer a tasting. Our Fieldstone Celler wine room will open along with the winery to offer food and beverage along with wine flights as well. I hope that you will come back again this summer to enjoy the hotel, golf course and winery! Thanks again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingsport
Hampton Inn Kingsport
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#5 of 16 in Kingsport
DoubleTree by Hilton Johnson City

Been to MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!