“Best Marriott experience”

Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Kingsport
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best Marriott experience”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I visited Kingsport on business and was strongly recommended to this property. Kingsport is rather small and laid-back, so I assumed this was going to be an average experience at best.

Upon arrival, I was pleasantly surprised to find a large property that was more resort-like vs. a large hotel. Check-in was a breeze and the desk staff very accommodating. I did arrive a little early in the day before standard check-in and had no problem getting into a room.

I found my room to be large and clean with a small patio that overlooked a wooded area. It was very relaxing to be able to enjoy the Fall leaves from my room. The standard amenities apply. I did find the bed to be extremely comfortable for a hotel and I had no trouble sleeping. Also despite a conference being held in the hotel, I never heard any noise in the hallway or from the adjoining rooms.

While I am not sure what other options exist in Kingsport for lodging, I would definitely recommend staying here for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Flying in from New York City, we came to Kingsport for a wedding and stayed here for two nights. Heres my usual pros and cons list:

Pros:
- amazing beds!!! I think there was a tempurpedic bed mattress or topper to the bed. We slept like babies!
- pillows were equally as full and fluffy.
- great facilities and good food
- close to many restaurants in the area
- clean rooms
- friendly staff
- room service was quick
- great common area downstairs with lots of seating

Cons:
- we couldn't find signage to the hotel exactly. It just showed meadowview conference center but no way finding to the hotel entrance
- way finding around the conference center was confusing.
- bathrooms are a bit outdated and the flushes were intense.

Overall great place.

• Stayed October 2013
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This surprising Marriott in laid-back Kingsport surprises on many levels. A privately owned (corporation) hotel, managed to the highest standards by Marriott, this large complex is perfectly set up for large convention crowds but feels much smaller. The grounds and building are immense for the area, but still manage to present as underwhelming and inviting. The staff is topnotch, always quick with a smile and a greeting. The front desk is efficient to a fault. The lobby is large but welcoming with comfortable seats and a coffee bar off to one end. The rooms are very comfortable, with Tempurpedic beds (if you like those; I do) and upscale linens. There's even a golf course adjacent to the property. All in all, a very nice place to find yourself while on the road in TN.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I was at a conference at this resort and was pleasantly surprised with my stay. The hotel is extremely well managed. The staff were awesome! I loved the decor of the hotel which says alot for me because I usually don't even notice unless its really bad. What got my attention was the seating arrangements thoughout the hotel for a quiet conversation which is great for networking with your peers. The grounds are beautiful and if you like golf I heard the courses were great! Shopping is not far and the city is easy to get around, although this is small city. I would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Junction, Texas
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Everyone staying in the area, should stay here, at least once!!! It is a fantastic experience. I stay here at least once a month for three days at a time visiting family. It is always clean and check-in check-out is easy and friendly. Each room has a fridge.

Room Tip: Easy access to all areas of the city, golf course is magnificent, all areas are immaculate, staff is...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Hercules, California
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Hi gang,
Stayed here on a golf stay-n-play package Sept 2013. Arrived later in the day so I postponed my golf until morning of checkout. We stayed on the 5th floor overlooking the golf course and countryside. EZ check-in with very friendly and helpful staff. WiFi is free for 3 hrs in the lobby but be ready to shell out $12.95/day in your room. Room was very nicely appointed. Nice large bed, comfy with spacious room and complete bathroom. Went to the seafood buffet in the evening. $28 p/p or so. Not as spectacular as I would have expected, but in the backwoods of Tennessee, acceptable. They offered steamed, hot crab legs and a variety of other foods but I felt the selections bordered on the lower side of quality offerings. Service was okay, environment very nice. There were a coupla conventions and weddings going on while I was there and everything looked like it was handled very well.
Onto the golf. I had called from home prior to my Southern States trip to arrange a tee time. I arrived early and although they tried to charge me the $47 green fee I explained I had a package and after a minute's research, no problem. I started off with the rising sun directly in my eyes. My playing partner was a local but no help when it came to watching. I've come to detest Bermuda fairways as your ball settles down 1-2 inches when it stops. Unless you're directly over the ball, you'll never find it. Front nine was meadow-like with lotsa water hazards thrown in. I didn't find the front 9 particularly appealing. Now the good stuff: The back nine was fantastic. It has elevation changes, doglegs and character !!!!!!! I shot a 1 over on the back because it was more user-friendly, better laid out and generally just more fun.
If you can swing a stay-n-play package, by all means do so. Golf staff is friendly (Southern charm), starter on 1st tee very nice and didn't see a course marshall all day. Biggest frustration came from hitting a 230 yd drive and not being able to find it if it ventured a coupla yards off the fairway. A must play in Kingsport !!!
Rich

Room Tip: Ask for a high-up room overlooking the course (book well in advance) and enjoy the course.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Key West, Florida
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We love a good Marriott, beautiful property overlooking a nice golf course. We were in the middle of a long road trip vacation and needed to be pampered. Front desk staff was very nice and the bellman/woman was a breath of fresh air, had my clubs at the pro shop waiting for me. The king suite was nicely appointed with a great balcony overlooking the course. However I was shocked to see a black stain on the toilet top that I quickly cleaned before my wife saw it. The glass table and nightstand had glass ring marks on them.....I expect more from Marriott. The room service was great and we enjoyed the mountain air. Will return hopefully to a cleaner room

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingsport
Hampton Inn Kingsport
#13 of 16 in Kingsport
Carnegie Hotel
Carnegie Hotel
#1 of 19 in Johnson City

Been to MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!