“Pleasantly surprised but event staff dropped the ball” 4 of 5 stars
Review of MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center

MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Kingsport
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Pleasantly surprised but event staff dropped the ball”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised by the Meadowview Marriott. We stayed here for three nights for a wedding. The property was well kept, the room was spacious (we had a balcony) and clean, and the beds were very comfortable. The layout of the rooms is a little odd -- with long winding hallways. The upside is that you don't really hear the other guests. The downside is that it takes a long time to walk anywhere.

Both the room service, and the hotel restaurant were very, very, good. The hotel staff was both friendly, and welcoming. We had a baby with us, and housekeeping was more than accommodating. Parking is free (valet has a charge.)

The negative -- we were here for a wedding, and the event staff was lacking. They arrived late the day of the wedding, and we were forced to run interference between them and the bride. They were slow to set up, and to decide where the ceremony would be held (due to rain). They basically did the bare minimum required to hold an event. The bridal "suite" was a joke (same room as other guests, just with more windows) as was the room for the bridal party to get ready (just an empty room that had not been dusted or cleaned.) Surprisingly, the food was average, at best, which was odd since the restaurant and room service food was very good.

Overall, stay here. Play golf. Eat, drink, and be merry. Do not get married here, unless you are okay with spending a ton of money for a little return, except pretty photos.

Room Tip: Get a balcony. Skip the "suite."
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Summerfield, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Clean, comfortable, well-appointed guest rooms, newly remodeled lobby, and great food and service - everything you need in a hotel. PLUS a golf course and convention center! Convenient location to I-26, I-81, and everywhere in the Tri-Cities.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
West Bend, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

This was just a stopover on the way to Cherokee NC glad we choose this hotel. Very nice high end hotel everyone was very friendly and helpful. I booked this thru Priceline name your price and was very surprised at the price I was able to the room for. They had given us a king room with a balcony overlooking the golf course very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a King with a balcony
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Fountain Inn, SC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Charges a fortune for what should be free WIFI Many Marriott have complimentary breakfast not this one. They think they are in New York instead of East Tennessee. I will not stay there again. I recently learned that very near by hotels do NOT charge for WIFI or BREAKFAST. Look for more bangs for your bucks. It's right under your nose. Meadow view can do better and should for their clients across the country where sister Marriotts provide free the services mentioned. A small gift that would go far for a better review. Sorry folks you need to
realize these services are complimentary elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank bmays26
Leesburg, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I reserved the room through Travelocity and the hotel charged my credit card.
I have left several messages over the last few days for accounting and even the assistant manager with no return call to resolve this issue. I am surprised and disappointed by the lack of customer service by a Marriott Hotel. The payment issue is a simple one and could be resolved easily if someone would return my call. I finally had to contact my credit card company to request a charge-back for the amount paid, which certainly is more of an inconvenience for me.
They should have seen it was a Travelocity reservation when I checked in.

The room was quiet and comfortable. Hotel staff was very pleasant. I would appreciate a response to the payment issue. I had to go into the hotel to get some help with my bags.
The same issue the next day. I had to call to request help with my bags and was told that the person was busy with another customer--when he arrived he admitted he went to get gas.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Jillian A
Costa Mesa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed at the Marriott MeadowView Resort for a wedding in April 2013, so we got the room at a discounted rate with Wi-Fi included. Overall it was a very nice hotel, with a comfortable bed, and clean bathroom. I appreciated the high-quality hairdryer they provided in the bathroom. The hotel has ample amounts of free parking, so finding a parking spot was never an issue. As some of the previous reviews mentioned, the resort is very large so it feels like you do walk a lot to get from place to place, but that was never an issue for us. A couple of things to note: 1. there are only 2 main elevators, and one night there was a horribly long line of people trying to catch the elevators, but after waiting 15 minutes we ended up hiking up 6 flights of stairs to get to our room. 2. the hotel restaurant has one of the best breakfasts in Kingsport, and it's relatively inexpensive too, highly recommend eating breakfast here (unless you prefer the Waffle House in the center of town).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Columbia, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

This was our second trip to the MeadowView (we had previously stayed here for five days in 2011, after it was completely remodeled). Our experience then was so nice that we decided to stay here again as part of our summer road trip vacation from Maryland to Texas. We actually had to go slightly out of the way to get to the hotel (it's a few miles away from I-81) but it was well worth it.

The rooms are very well maintained and it has only been a couple of years since the hotel was completely renovated. The staff is very nice and seem eager to do anything for you. The bell service people are not only eager to help with luggage but were also glad to give us a ride to our car on their golf cart when it was raining outside.

The only things I didn't like were the fact that the Internet wasn't free (it's a Marriott thing which they should strongly consider changing as some of their major competitors offer this at no extra charge). Also, I thought that the breakfast buffet was very nice and very well presented but also a little pricier than I would have expected. But these things are very minor with respect to the quality of the hotel. I'd very gladly stay here again anytime I'm in the area or passing through the area. Great hotel and very nice and attentive staff.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingsport
Hampton Inn Kingsport
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#5 of 17 in Kingsport
4.0 of 5 stars 114 reviews

Been to MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!