“Paid Travelocity for room and was billed credit card--still trying to resolve payment issue”

MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Kingsport
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I reserved the room through Travelocity and the hotel charged my credit card.
I have left several messages over the last few days for accounting and even the assistant manager with no return call to resolve this issue. I am surprised and disappointed by the lack of customer service by a Marriott Hotel. The payment issue is a simple one and could be resolved easily if someone would return my call. I finally had to contact my credit card company to request a charge-back for the amount paid, which certainly is more of an inconvenience for me.
They should have seen it was a Travelocity reservation when I checked in.

The room was quiet and comfortable. Hotel staff was very pleasant. I would appreciate a response to the payment issue. I had to go into the hotel to get some help with my bags.
The same issue the next day. I had to call to request help with my bags and was told that the person was busy with another customer--when he arrived he admitted he went to get gas.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jillian A

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed at the Marriott MeadowView Resort for a wedding in April 2013, so we got the room at a discounted rate with Wi-Fi included. Overall it was a very nice hotel, with a comfortable bed, and clean bathroom. I appreciated the high-quality hairdryer they provided in the bathroom. The hotel has ample amounts of free parking, so finding a parking spot was never an issue. As some of the previous reviews mentioned, the resort is very large so it feels like you do walk a lot to get from place to place, but that was never an issue for us. A couple of things to note: 1. there are only 2 main elevators, and one night there was a horribly long line of people trying to catch the elevators, but after waiting 15 minutes we ended up hiking up 6 flights of stairs to get to our room. 2. the hotel restaurant has one of the best breakfasts in Kingsport, and it's relatively inexpensive too, highly recommend eating breakfast here (unless you prefer the Waffle House in the center of town).

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This was our second trip to the MeadowView (we had previously stayed here for five days in 2011, after it was completely remodeled). Our experience then was so nice that we decided to stay here again as part of our summer road trip vacation from Maryland to Texas. We actually had to go slightly out of the way to get to the hotel (it's a few miles away from I-81) but it was well worth it.

The rooms are very well maintained and it has only been a couple of years since the hotel was completely renovated. The staff is very nice and seem eager to do anything for you. The bell service people are not only eager to help with luggage but were also glad to give us a ride to our car on their golf cart when it was raining outside.

The only things I didn't like were the fact that the Internet wasn't free (it's a Marriott thing which they should strongly consider changing as some of their major competitors offer this at no extra charge). Also, I thought that the breakfast buffet was very nice and very well presented but also a little pricier than I would have expected. But these things are very minor with respect to the quality of the hotel. I'd very gladly stay here again anytime I'm in the area or passing through the area. Great hotel and very nice and attentive staff.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2013

The hotel is lovely, but be prepared for a jaunt to get to the far-flung meeting rooms. The guest rooms themselves are a twisted, winding maze of hallways. And watch out for maids hurrying through the maze with their carts. I was coming around a corner in one of the several hallways leading to my distant room, when a maid came around the corner at full running speed from the opposite direction. I had to flatten myself to keep from being smacked. I strongly suggest they install angle mirrors at the intersections of the hallways for safety.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I am in the middle of a 12 night stay as I write this review and so far everything has been exceptional. We have taken advantage of just about every feature the hotel has to offer with the exception of the golf course. The beds are very comfortable and my wife even went to the Shop Marriott site to see how much it would be to purchase one. They are very expensive so I don't think that will happen in the near future. We asked for a room with a golf course view and a balcony and our request was met without any resistance. I noticed some people had commented about the long winding hallways, but from staying here in the past, I know this is due to the additions that were completed a couple years back. The only way to avoid the new configuration would have been to add another elevator, but you would have had to walk down a similar hall to get to that elevator. The food has been excellent with only one problem that was taken care of quickly. We ordered a pizza ($12 for a large) and the crust wasn't quite done, I brought it to the attention of the waiter and asked if he could stick it back in the oven for a few more minutes, he brought us a new pizza. The housekeeping staff is very courteous and attentive. The pool area is very well done, although, probably too small when the resort is full. I agree with the other reviewers that $13 per night for WiFi is a little silly, but free WiFi is available in the public areas. MeadowView is definitely the best hotel in East Tennessee. I booked my room through Priceline's Name Your Own Price and was able to lower my long term stay rate by 25% which was very helpful for this long stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room on the golf course side.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I stayed at this resort one night and was disappointed. The room was nice and roomy but I was charged $12.95 for internet access. Let's get real....even Hampton Inn gives free internet access. I called the front desk to inquire about the charge and was told I could go to the Bar/lobby and use the access there. When you are staying overnight on business, you do not want to conduct your business in the bar/lobby area. Staying at a more upscaled resort, one would think the assess to internet would be included. Because of this, I will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the 1st floor. They have no view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank HG1548
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Lovely hotel with beautiful views! The rate is very competitive but I was very disappointed that the internet was not included. We paid $4 more to include breakfast~ one in the dining room, then explained only one breakfast is included (fine but should have been explained), additionally if you order from the menu the service is very slow. Clearly the anticipation is that the buffet will be the choice of most travelers.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingsport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingsport-Meadowview I-26
Carnegie Hotel
Carnegie Hotel
#1 of 19 in Johnson City
La Quinta Inn & Suites Kingsport TriCities Airport

Been to MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!