“Best Luxury Hotel & Convention Center in the Kingsport Area”

MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Kingsport
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Even if you don't golf, this place has comfort and relaxation written all over it. I really enjoyed the sprawling outdoor courtyard with multiple fire pits and seating areas. Seeing the architecture and extensive stonework that went into making this conference center is worth the stay alone. The clear night skies and 125 degree view from the rear of the outdoor courtyard overlooks the golf course which is framed amongst the rolling hills of the Kingsport area.

The bar and lounge area is a little small for a hotel this size. Although that space was invested wisely in the outdoor courtyard area. Another smaller bar is located at the opposite end of the lobby with high top seating and Wi-Fi connections just outside the foyer to the main ball rooms.

While I did not dine at the restaurant, it looked very nice and boasted a large seating capacity; handling multiple large group gatherings at the same time while I was there. The menu offered some very delectable entrées that I wish I had more time to try out.

Room Tip: Save your rewards points and cash 'em in at this location for a true deal.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank T-Bone_Steaks

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our family recently stayed at this hotel for one week during a basketball tournament. The exterior and common areas of the resort are spacious, modern, and beautiful. The staff are very welcoming and helpful. Check in was quick and easy. Very few of the rooms have balconies and we were disappointed that this request was not met. The lobby has large and comfortable areas to gather, as well as a separate quiet bar area. The outdoor patios stretch across the back of the hotel and also have a fire pit to enjoy. Our room was very compact for a family of four with 2 double beds, especially for an extended stay. There was a small fridge. The hotel does not offer larger suites which I found was very unusual. Our only option was the king with pull out or the 2 doubles that have the same small footprint. The ice machine on our floor and the one above was not working properly. The fitness gym was very good as well as the indoor pool and hot tub area. Since we did not have a balcony to enjoy the outdoors, I used the patio outside the pool area. For such a large hotel, there are only 2 elevators and there can be long waits when busy. The best hotel room views are from the upper floors overlooking the golf course and mountains in the background. My husband and son enjoyed the onsite golf course. We dined at the Meadowview restaurant one night and the food was okay but very pricey. The customer service was excellent in the restaurant. The conference center was set up with 2 quality basketball courts, that was such a convenient location for us. I would recommend this hotel, but you are giving up space in your hotel room to gain on the other amenities.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper level room with a balcony overlooking the golf course and mountains.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Milkdud
Reviewed June 17, 2013

First time we stayed here and will be staying here again,usually stay at courtyard in bristol but its so hard to get a reservation there and worked out for the best. Service here was great,rooms were nice,bedding comfy,employees very nice and professional! Parking wasnt bad. Bar was open until midnight which was nice. Ac worked great. Wish the sink was in the bathroom and also no fan in bathroom,only complaint i have. We will be back marriot!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 13, 2013

This resort is hailed as the best Marriott Resort, and they deliver. While Kingsport and the Tri Cities area may be lacking in a beach, they still have a lot to offer. If you are staying in this area, I strongly recommend this hotel and resort. The staff is friendly and very welcoming. The one drawback is the food. The hotel offers amazing room service, but it is very pricey, so be wary. The beds and linens are top notch!

Room Tip: The halls are very long, so just be aware
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We were traveling to Pigeon Forge Tn. It was late and we decided to find a hotel for the night. We went to several hotels to find that all the rooms were sold out. My wife found the Meadowview conference center and resort on her smart phone as we were searching. I didn't realize at the time that is was a Marriott and we stopped at other name brand hotels again to find no availability. Finally we called Meadowview and found they had rooms for $149.00/night. We pulled it into GPS and headed there. As we pulled up we saw a large property and the Marriott symbol! I was pleasantly surprised as we drove up to the front entrance. The property was nicely lit with white christmas lights and the building looked very nice. Went to the front desk and was greeted by the front desk clerk, I believe his name was Michael. He was very friendly and seemed to enjoy his job. We got our rooms quickly and I asked to verify the room price. I was surprised again when he said $109/night. I couldnt believe a rate so low for a very upscale resort. Our room was a king room. The room was very clean and very up to date. We are picky when it comes to cleaniness and it passed our clean test. After getting situated and ready for bed, our three year old was wanting milk. I ventured to the front desk and asked Michael if he knew where I could get some milk. He went out of his way to find me a cup of milk and then had it warmed for me as well. He could have easily blew me off and told me there was no milk available. This guy is an example of how customer service should be. The next morning I toured the facility while the wife was getting ready. The property has an 18 hole golf course, indoor pool, fitness facilty, conference rooms, restaurant, coffee shop and small amenties gift shop. Property very well maintained. We only stayed one night here but I would have no problems spending a week there. Thanks again for making our trip that much more enjoyable.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My daughter dreamed of a Fairy Tale Wedding but finding the spot in August with high 90 degree temps was going to be a safari hunt within itself. She wanted outdoors, with lots of greenry, tropical flowers, a hugh reception and to spend the night close to ther wedding the first night. After many wedding books and this, that and the other, we had a meeting with Meadowview's Wedding Director. He showed us a video of various weddings. They can do from off the GLOBE, to very casual. We moved outside in due to the heat index and our older folks and a wonderland was created. The reception was just breathtaking and so was the wedding. My daughter (bragging) was the most beautiful bride. The hotel brought in every person available to work and then some. The Director who usually does not stay for the entire event, stayed to make sure things went well. The night slipped away too soon, the only problem we should have danced all night. If you want a wedding destination that will create your every dream, Meadow Convention Center, Kingsport, TN. They spent their first night there in a special room just for them. Perfect. Makes me want to get married again...........JK.

Room Tip: Any room is a good room. I would suggest overlooking the golf course or away from the interstate jus...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2013

we stayed the weekend of Memorial day with our children and grandchildren.This is a truly beautiful facility but it is NOT designed for small children. Our son was"scolded"by staff for splashing water on someone as he got out of the pool and then he actually stayed in the exercise room and watched like some sort of peeping tom.
Has no microwaves in room, tubs are chipping around drains. Staff was very friendly to regulars but to anyone not using bar or playing golf acted as if could care less. Ask if there were any restaurants close by and was told only McDonalds and Hardees, yet there are multiple in the area.
In closing is great for business which is what it was designed for only.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank travewithdkids
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingsport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingsport-Meadowview I-26
Carnegie Hotel
Carnegie Hotel
#1 of 19 in Johnson City
La Quinta Inn & Suites Kingsport TriCities Airport

Been to MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!