MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Kingsport
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
“Great Resort”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

This resort is hailed as the best Marriott Resort, and they deliver. While Kingsport and the Tri Cities area may be lacking in a beach, they still have a lot to offer. If you are staying in this area, I strongly recommend this hotel and resort. The staff is friendly and very welcoming. The one drawback is the food. The hotel offers amazing room service, but it is very pricey, so be wary. The beds and linens are top notch!

Room Tip: The halls are very long, so just be aware
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Fairmont, West Virginia
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We were traveling to Pigeon Forge Tn. It was late and we decided to find a hotel for the night. We went to several hotels to find that all the rooms were sold out. My wife found the Meadowview conference center and resort on her smart phone as we were searching. I didn't realize at the time that is was a Marriott and we stopped at other name brand hotels again to find no availability. Finally we called Meadowview and found they had rooms for $149.00/night. We pulled it into GPS and headed there. As we pulled up we saw a large property and the Marriott symbol! I was pleasantly surprised as we drove up to the front entrance. The property was nicely lit with white christmas lights and the building looked very nice. Went to the front desk and was greeted by the front desk clerk, I believe his name was Michael. He was very friendly and seemed to enjoy his job. We got our rooms quickly and I asked to verify the room price. I was surprised again when he said $109/night. I couldnt believe a rate so low for a very upscale resort. Our room was a king room. The room was very clean and very up to date. We are picky when it comes to cleaniness and it passed our clean test. After getting situated and ready for bed, our three year old was wanting milk. I ventured to the front desk and asked Michael if he knew where I could get some milk. He went out of his way to find me a cup of milk and then had it warmed for me as well. He could have easily blew me off and told me there was no milk available. This guy is an example of how customer service should be. The next morning I toured the facility while the wife was getting ready. The property has an 18 hole golf course, indoor pool, fitness facilty, conference rooms, restaurant, coffee shop and small amenties gift shop. Property very well maintained. We only stayed one night here but I would have no problems spending a week there. Thanks again for making our trip that much more enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Church Hill, Tennessee
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My daughter dreamed of a Fairy Tale Wedding but finding the spot in August with high 90 degree temps was going to be a safari hunt within itself. She wanted outdoors, with lots of greenry, tropical flowers, a hugh reception and to spend the night close to ther wedding the first night. After many wedding books and this, that and the other, we had a meeting with Meadowview's Wedding Director. He showed us a video of various weddings. They can do from off the GLOBE, to very casual. We moved outside in due to the heat index and our older folks and a wonderland was created. The reception was just breathtaking and so was the wedding. My daughter (bragging) was the most beautiful bride. The hotel brought in every person available to work and then some. The Director who usually does not stay for the entire event, stayed to make sure things went well. The night slipped away too soon, the only problem we should have danced all night. If you want a wedding destination that will create your every dream, Meadow Convention Center, Kingsport, TN. They spent their first night there in a special room just for them. Perfect. Makes me want to get married again...........JK.

Room Tip: Any room is a good room. I would suggest overlooking the golf course or away from the interstate jus...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
virginia
Reviewed May 28, 2013

we stayed the weekend of Memorial day with our children and grandchildren.This is a truly beautiful facility but it is NOT designed for small children. Our son was"scolded"by staff for splashing water on someone as he got out of the pool and then he actually stayed in the exercise room and watched like some sort of peeping tom.
Has no microwaves in room, tubs are chipping around drains. Staff was very friendly to regulars but to anyone not using bar or playing golf acted as if could care less. Ask if there were any restaurants close by and was told only McDonalds and Hardees, yet there are multiple in the area.
In closing is great for business which is what it was designed for only.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank travewithdkids
Maryville, Tennessee
Reviewed May 9, 2013

The hotel is nice and the staff were nice. When we went to bed and looked up the ceiling had a huge ring on black either mold or dirt from the AC. The manager said thanks for letting them know. You expect better from a Marriott

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Steve P
Maryville, Tennessee
Reviewed May 8, 2013

This was probably the cleanest hotel I have stayed in and is really nice. The staff was friendly and helpful and was on top of anything you asked about. They were full of baseball teams with lots of kids and they still did a great job.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Russell F
Sparta, Tennessee
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is quiet, staff very friendly and helpful, beautiful grounds. Excellent breakfast buffet or menu. Bar area very nice with speedy service and perfect Bloody Mary's. Indoor pool and hot tub is the best in TN! Very large new workout/ fitness room.

• Stayed May 2013