“Excellent Property”

Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Kingsport
Naples, Florida
“Excellent Property”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I spent three days in the Tri City area on business and was suprised to find a full fledged Marriott Resort of this caliber. This is a delightful, clean and modern hotel conveniently located for business travelers in the area. The hotel lobby is being remodeled and upgraded to meet Marriott's high standards. The staff at this hotel were friendly and accomodating. For the value and quality, I cannot imagine a better place to stay in this area. I suspect that I will be back in this area a few more times on a project and this will be my hotel of choice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BlueMarlinDave

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 25, 2013

As usual, Marriott does not disappoint. Conveniently located off of I-26, traveling to the hotel from Tri-Cities airport and to Johnson City, Blountville and Bristol were very easy. This lovely hotel and convention center is much larger than it appears. I wandered through the building checking out the facilities and was very impressed the the design and style, as well as the cleanliness of the entire resort. The lobby was undergoing a remodel and I was sorry I didn't get to see the completion before leaving. I will get a look at the new digs soon, as I plan to return within 60 days to continue my retirement planning. Though cool weather during my stay, I was able to enjoy some nap time in the sun on the back patio lounge area. The room was modern and fresh smelling. I spent a week walking around my room at night and came away with clean socks, which is sometimes very difficult in hotels. My compliments to the cleaning staff! The employees were very friendly and eager to help with recommendations for someone like me who is looking to relocate. My only minor disappointments were no in room free Wi-Fi (lobby only) and my spoiled self is used to a memory foam mattress which I believe provides a superior night's sleep. I conveyed both of the "problems" to Marriott in their internal email survey upon checkout. If you are traveling to Northeast Tennessee, you have to stay here!!

Room Tip: High floors have great golf course/mountain views
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank vcorde
Tennessee
Reviewed February 24, 2013

This for all is a fine facility. The accommodations are clean, bright and well appointed. The staff excellent. Currently they are upgrading the lobby areas and this will show their desire to keep this place right up front with the best of them. The conference areas are excellent. They just are completing an indoor basketball tournament, the boat show and chocolate fest. Anyone staying here will not be disappointed. There is an excellent indoor restaurant.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank raberdon
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Very nice property, clean, up-to-date and very surprising to see this in the area. Staff is outstanding as are the facilities and rooms including the workout room. For gold + members it's important to note that there is not a concierge lounge despite the Marriott level.

Room Tip: Get a high outside facing room since the interior ones face a courtyard, which although is very nice...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Ohio
Reviewed January 30, 2013

The MeadowView Conference Resort is a beautiful hotel, but it is the kind service that I will especially remember. We stopped in Kingsport for a one night break in a long trip. We had booked one room with two beds for our family of four. Normally, our daughters would share one of the beds, but unfortunately, one of them had developed strep throat, and we weren't very keen on having her so close to her sister overnight. When we checked in, we explained the situation to the front desk representative, thinking we would end up having to book a second room. However, without missing a beat, this friendly woman had a solution: she placed us in a handicapped accessible room, which had a large enough closet that a rollaway bed could be set up. This kept us in one room, but also gave our sick daughter a closed off area where she could get to sleep quickly without our disturbing her. Thanks MeadowView, for your concern and help!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Quakertown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed one night during a road trip but wished we could have stayed longer! The hotel is lovely and the staff is extremely nice and attentive. Even though the lobby was under construction, you really couldn't tell the difference. The rooms were clean and upgraded with great memory foam mattresses. We were pleasantly surprised by the entire experience and would stay there again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
SE Michigan
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I was really impressed with this hotel. Northeastern Tennessee doesn't get the love or accolades of Asheville, NC and the surrounding area, but this hotel is the start of something special.

The mountain views, golf course, service, restaurant and meeting facilities are outstanding. The fitness facilities are more than adequate, though I was surprised not to see a full service spa, but I might have missed it.

This will be a place to consider the next time I am on vacation in the area, which will be as early as this summer.

• Stayed January 2013