“Staff went the extra mile”

MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Kingsport
Reviewed January 30, 2013

The MeadowView Conference Resort is a beautiful hotel, but it is the kind service that I will especially remember. We stopped in Kingsport for a one night break in a long trip. We had booked one room with two beds for our family of four. Normally, our daughters would share one of the beds, but unfortunately, one of them had developed strep throat, and we weren't very keen on having her so close to her sister overnight. When we checked in, we explained the situation to the front desk representative, thinking we would end up having to book a second room. However, without missing a beat, this friendly woman had a solution: she placed us in a handicapped accessible room, which had a large enough closet that a rollaway bed could be set up. This kept us in one room, but also gave our sick daughter a closed off area where she could get to sleep quickly without our disturbing her. Thanks MeadowView, for your concern and help!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed one night during a road trip but wished we could have stayed longer! The hotel is lovely and the staff is extremely nice and attentive. Even though the lobby was under construction, you really couldn't tell the difference. The rooms were clean and upgraded with great memory foam mattresses. We were pleasantly surprised by the entire experience and would stay there again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I was really impressed with this hotel. Northeastern Tennessee doesn't get the love or accolades of Asheville, NC and the surrounding area, but this hotel is the start of something special.

The mountain views, golf course, service, restaurant and meeting facilities are outstanding. The fitness facilities are more than adequate, though I was surprised not to see a full service spa, but I might have missed it.

This will be a place to consider the next time I am on vacation in the area, which will be as early as this summer.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

I live in Kingsport but if I needed a hotel room this is where I'd stay. But, I have went to many events at the conference center and The Restaurant is great. The Marriott Burger is one of The Best!! Love the quietness of the restaurant ...

1  Thank TNGirlie
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this location at the very end of December and it reminded me of the movie “the Shining”. We had our choice of rooms and asked for a two connecting rooms which only were offered in a King, connecting to a two double bed room. The double rooms are larger (or at least were in our configuration). The room and furnishings were upscale and very comfortable. Lack of free Wi-Fi is a real issue with a family that is tethered to various devices. I understand Wi-Fi is a revenue generator for a business traveler that requires it and can expense it, but there is no excuse for not having it no charge when the most basic hotels/motels now offer it. Also I’m sure the dining facilities are amazing, but only the bar was open during our stay for dinner due to “low occupancy”, disappointing since we really didn’t want to go into town a few exits away on the Interstate to find somewhere to eat on a snowy, cold night (there is nowhere to eat at this particular exit off I-26). As for breakfast, the buffet was $15 per person and I am sure it was as great as other reviewers have mentioned, but given the “low occupancy” mode this facility was in I’m not sure about how much food would have be prepared and how fresh it would have been, so we skipped it. Again unsure if it would have been served in the bar or they would have opened the restaurant. Also would have liked to hang on the patio, with the propane heat lamps – but they seemed to be stored for the winter (almost seemed like the hotel should have been closed for the season, or had a better way of downsizing services and amenities to fit the amount of people there). We ventured off to the indoor pool which was very nice and appealing considering the season. The hot tub was very awkward to get in and out of, with a foot wide edge. We also had a tribe of elementary school age boys that thought the hot tub was small hot, bubbly version of a pool – so much for parental supervision. I could not help but think at full capacity the pool facilities would have been overwhelmed though. My son used the fitness room which was very well equipped with numerous treadmills, free weights and other equipment on par with a health club. If I had to stay in the area again I probably would stay here, however I’m sure that in season rates at this facility would be out of my price range unless I had the benefit of having my employer pay.

Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

Traveling by car we chose this hotel because it had a restaurant and we can always rely on Marriott. It was even better than we expected with well-furnished rooms, great service and an excellent restaurant.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Beautiful views matched by friendly service. Becky at the front desk was very friendly, and when I wanted to go outside on a chilly day, she had someone come outside and light the fire pit for me. There is no concierge lounge, but they allow $12 for the restaurant breakfast continental buffet--only tip gets charged to room. Fitness center is decent, and parking is free but you have to walk a bit if you don't use valet--only an issue when frost or snow is around. Dinner menu in restaurant is a bit pricey for what you get.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingsport
Hampton Inn Kingsport
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#4 of 16 in Kingsport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Kingsport TriCities Airport

Been to MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!