“Beautiful property”

MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Kingsport
Reviewed July 21, 2011

This hotel/conference center was the perfect place to stay for our relaxing fishing/sightseeing weekend. My husband went fishing in nearby rivers, we drove into the Smoky mountains and I spent a couple lazy mornings lounging and reading. Staff were incredibly helpful, advising on local restaurants and directions. One of the most beautiful properties I've ever seen. (Art deco) Rooms were great, beds comfortable and for as large a hotel, it was quiet.

Room Tip: You need a car to get around.
  • Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center

Reviewed July 15, 2011

Stayed one night on my way home from Nashville, used Marriott points for the room. BEAUTIFUL scenery. Disappointed that there was no hotel guide or directory in my room, so I wasn't able to find out what other amenities the hotel offered. I could see there was a pool and I passed a bar and restaurant , but I don't know what else, if anything was offered to guests. I called the Front Desk to inquire about stuff & they said they would "try and find someone to bring me a restaurant menu"; apparently they never found anyone. I did order from room service and it was quick and the food was hot. The rigatoni with sausage was one of the best meals I've had in a while, restaurant or room service. My room was huge and clean with a fridge; the view from my window of the Blue Ridge mountains in the distance was breathtaking. Super-comfortable bed. Disappointed that there was no free wi-fi, but figure that since it caters to business their theory is that businesses won't balk at paying. It was only about $12, but I did without my laptop for the night. All in all, though, it's a really nice place; in fact, I would suggest it to the organization whose event I went to in Nashville for future consideration except it might be too far away from major airports for them. I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 5, 2011

We stayed here for just one night this past weekend, passing through on our way to The Biltmore Mansion in Asheville, NC. The area is beautiful and this wonderful hotel is tucked back away from everything with a stunning view of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Service was just impeccable. Everyone was helpful, accomodating and genuine. The room was spacious and the bed was sumptious. We will definitely start looking at Mariotts for future travel. We had a room with a small balcony and that made it nice to sit out there in the evening and have a glass of wine and the next morning for coffee. We overlooked the gold course and found it very relaxing. I didn't pay the 12.95 for internet, so this is something I think should be complimentary at all major hotels. It was nice to not be dialed in for one night, so I didn't really mind it.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2011

Our stay was a midway point on a two-day drive. We were pleasantly surprised. About 5 quick miles off Interstate 81. The property is well done. Rooms were spacious, clean and new. The staff was very helpful and attentive. The lounge is well done with a nice menu and comfortable seating. Perfect after a long drive.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2011

We have stayed here for my 2 niece's graduations from Dobyns- Bennett High School and while visiting my daughter in the KB summer intensive and have enjoyed it both times.
Sure it is not the Ritz-Carlton but it is clean and pleasant and comfortable. The pool is lovely, staff is excellent, and the lobby is quite comfortable. The gym is a nice quality and the restaurant has delicious and affordable food. The meeting facilities seemed very nice.
Only complaints would be a slow Starbuck's that is only open in the morning with limited items and our room was quite muggy and had a musky smell on our May visit. Overall this is a nice hotel that we will stay in every time we visit our family in Kingsport.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed June 13, 2011

My sister in law booked the Kingsport Marriott Meadowview for a family reunion. To say that we were pleasantly surprised would be an understatement. The entire facility was wonderfully appointed, and spotlessly clean. In any era of tiny lobbies and scrimping on public spaces, the Marriott is extremely spacious. The staff was welcoming and more than attentive; could not have been more helpful. I had an emergency back at the office and needed something scanned and emailed out. The front desk staff took care of it instantaneously. I wasn't sure how to find the parking garage, so a staff member accompanied me there, driving a hotel vehicle.

Finally, I didn't have time to play golf, but the course looked beautiful out our window.

Room Tip: East side = golf course view; West = mountain view
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2011

While the guest rooms were exquisite, every television in the public areas was tuned into FAUX News....known worldwide for it's political slant and often untruthful news. This made the lobby a most unhappy place to be.

The Meadowview team was ever so professional, offering in every way to make our stay a pleasure. The beds were divine, the shower totally inadequate, in-room coffee marginal and the pillows manageable.

I would stay at this hotel again requesting at check-in to see if the news channel be changed to a more mainstream network.

Room Tip: Request an east view room...cooler in the evening
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank JuJuTN
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingsport
Hampton Inn Kingsport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Kingsport TriCities Airport
Carnegie Hotel
Carnegie Hotel
#1 of 19 in Johnson City

Been to MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!