“Seafood as good as New England”

Riverfront Seafood Company
Ranked #1 of 252 Restaurants in Kingsport
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Northeast Tennessee's only Fresh Seafood Restaurant. Locacted on the South Fork of the Holston River overlooking Bays Mountain
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Coming from the north over 20 years ago, I thought I would never have seafood like it again.
But at Riverfront Seafood Company, I thought I was home.
I just had their 'Shrimp & grits' recommended by their waitress Jessica and it was absolutely great. Ask for her.
Fine family as well.
It would be worth the entire trip.
Rev. Philip K. Cooper

3  Thank Philip C

Reviewed July 2, 2014

I have given this more than a few times to pull itself up. the main problem I have is the management and wait staff and apparent owner are all rude. the food is good but not the best and the wait staff seams to be more than nothing to go out of there way to help you. the food was not cooked right and we asked and they did nothing for it. its pricing is fair for what you get in this area. however I have tasted the same grade of food at a Chinese restaurant. I hope this gets better and I hear about it but three strikes and its out for me.

16  Thank brett b
Reviewed June 26, 2014

My daughter and I were just there and were very happy with the service, and the food was wonderful and fresh . The waiter Bill was very nice, and the refills kept coming. It was a great place to eat and me and my family will be back. The restaurants at Myrtle Beach were not as fresh as this restaurant. It was amazing .Thanks again Riverfront Seafood for being just what you advertised , fresh. Sharon W

2  Thank Sharon W
Reviewed June 20, 2014

went here for 40th anniversary meal I spent around a hundred dollars and got a meal that was a total disappointment as bad as i dislike red lobster i would have had a better meal don't waste you time going to this overrated restaurant it was also dirty which indicates the management does not care about quality just your money spend it somewhere else

16  Thank Phil B
kptfishman, Owner at Riverfront Seafood Company, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2014

Sorry for what ever sent you off on this rant, but our restaurant is anything but dirty. Last health department inspection scores were 95 in the restaurant and 100 in the bar. Compare this to any other full service restaurants and we are one of the cleanest in the area. With our prices in the average dinner range of $15.00 I am not sure what you would have spent 100.00 on for 2 people.
Sometimes people use these sites when they have a ax to grind for what ever their reason and owners have no way to remove false claims about a business.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

There aren't many great restaurants in this area, but avoid this one and opt for a chain restaurant, instead.

I've been here twice, as I thought I'd give it a second chance after an unimpressive first visit.
Two strikes, and I'm out.

We ordered chips and queso as an appetizer (overpriced at $8, but good-tasting.) When I asked if we could get some more queso, I was greeted with laughter instead of a solution (perhaps if their policy was to NOT give extra queso, she could have apologized and told me. Or she could have told me it could be done for an extra charge. I would have accepted.

I SHOULD have stopped after the queso. My blackened mahi mahi was dry, but tasted ok. The cornbread is shaped like a fish, and that's the nicest thing I can say about it. I got the wild rice, and it tasted and let like it was right out of a bag.

I've read other reviews on this page, and folks are right...They're stickler for policies at this restaurant. The place wasn't full, and they balked at seating me while the other half of my party was not present. They relented when I told them he was in the restroom. (Whew - Dodged a bullet!)

The atmosphere here is...confused. It looks like a family restaurant - very casual. But the prices are a bit steep. ($18 for a smallish piece of mahi mahi. $8 for chips and queso. $8 for mozzarella sticks.)

The view is nice from the enclosed porch, and i believe that's the only reason this place stays in business.

11  Thank bgsu3