“Ho Hum another Mexican Restaurant”

Amigo Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 41 Restaurants in Jonesborough
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This had the standard food one would expect at a Mexican restaurant with the combinations as well as the other standard fare. The red sauce made me feel I was in the Dead Sea with a mound of salt---- wow :(. I had my burrito sent back and prepared without the sauce and it was much better. Quite honestly with many more people health concious, why would a cook put so much salt in a dish when salt can be added so easily at the table? The service was good however I would be cautious about the sauces. My wife sent her plate back because of the salt in the refried beans and rice. This was not one of my better Mexican experiences.

1  Thank Greg H
There are newer reviews for Amigo Mexican Restaurant

Reviewed September 14, 2013

My daughters and my food were greasy. The pico de gallo was not made with fresh tomatoes. Not going back.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

There are several Amigo in this area. Have eaten at several. I would prefer chips and salsa or cheese and go home.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Tried Amigos, compared to another mexican restaurant we usually go to, and found the food and menu not as good. Staff was not overly friendly and the whole atmosphere was dull.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We enjoyed the delicious food and the authentic atmosphere, and our Server, Eli, was absolutely the best! The prices weren't bad and the whole experience was wonderful!