“I know it's all about the pancakes, but give me the french toast!”

Olde Towne Pancake House
Ranked #8 of 41 Restaurants in Jonesborough
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is a tiny spot that the locals all hit. It's not open evenings, but that's okay. You want to be there for breakfast. Trust me!
French toast is amazing. I get that and a double order of bacon and a soft drink and it comes to about $8. The bacon is almost pure meat, none of this wimpy stuff. The french toast is thick and moist, but not soggy. Syrup is heated.
Other hits are the buckwheat pancakes, the pumpkin spice pancakes (served year round, thank you), the cinnamon raisin biscuit (HUGE) and the hamburger.
If you get there and there is a line, don't fret. It's worth the wait, and you never wait long. Quick service guarantees you'll be in there quick.
A note on the service. Holy cow. Tables turn over quick, but you never lack for anything. They refill your drink consistently, and are super nice.
Definitely the best breakfast spot in town!

1  Thank emalemaloo

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Our food was pretty good.. but not exceptional (4 adults, 2 children). I had scrambled eggs, "new city ham", potatoes, and toast. Others had pancakes, omelets, etc. Coffee was great. Price of entrees were around $4.95. Service was typically southern friendly. This place is very small and nothing fancy... but I liked it a lot as it was very quaint and something you just don't find everywhere. We were seated promptly and service and food delivery was quick. The kids enjoyed their meals off a children's menu. I'm glad we went.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We visited Old Towne Pancake House one fateful weekend expecting to taste homemade delicious food, but found instead poor service and less than average dishes. Went once and never went back and wouldn't recommend.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

A little tiny local yocal yummy slice of breakfast. Nothing fancy or gourmet. Just down home food and friendliness.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have visited this place many times. Parking is very tight, but the service is good, the food is great, and you'll be bound to walk out with money leftover. They have many variety of pancakes, omlettes, and even ribeye. They close extra early around 2pm, but they open at 7, so get there before the crowd does, because it does get busy. The place seats only a handful. Look at all the I Love Lucy things, and guess the TV show pictures on the walls.