“Delicious Lunch”

Main Street Cafe & Catering
Ranked #2 of 41 Restaurants in Jonesborough
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Had taken a friend to tour the town of Jonesborough, TN and we decided to play lunch by ear and chose Main Street Café and Catering by chance. We placed our order (both chose quiche and French Onion Soup) and found a booth in which to sit. The waitress promptly served us our drinks; tea which was freshly made and very good. The quiche and soup were promptly served; fresh and hot. To my mind, it was the best quiche I had ever eaten. The building is charming and well decorated. Also, it seemed very clean and neat. Later learned from my son that this establishment had catered one of the functions during his wedding weekend. He was also pleased with the service.

1  Thank Patricia S

Reviewed November 9, 2013

When you enter the restaurant you go to the counter and order lunch, which is extensive with many specials. Once seated your food is served to you, with refills on drinks. The staff was very attentive and knowledgeable about ingredients in the food served. Three of us for lunch had a variety of items on the menu, and all were very happy with what we choose. Black bean burger, tomato soup, reuben, and burger with fries. Clean, nice lighting. An enjoyable lunch.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stopped in as we were taking a stroll though town on a beautiful autumn afternoon. It's located in a charming building that I suppose used to be some sort of old store. When you go in, they take your order at the register before you can sit down. I can see how this could get backed up at peak times, but we were there at the tail end of lunch, so it wasn't a problem. I ordered the special of the day, which was the rustic chicken sandwich that came with chips for $6.50. I also got a side of cup of clam chowder on the side. My wife had the bacon cheddar burger with fires. We were seated, and our drinks brought out promptly and the food delivered not long after. My chicken sandwich came with pesto, grilled onions (I requested the onions) and lettuce & tomato on the side, as well as a bag of chips. Served on ciabatta bread, the sandwich had nice flavor, but was a little tough and chewy. The clam chowder was pretty bland as well. My wife's burger was outstanding though, and I'm glad she saved the last 2 bites for me. Served on a grilled bun, it was just an old fashioned, juicy burger that was cooked just right on the flat top. The fries appeared to be hand cut, and were really good. We had sweet tea, but they also have citrus tea, Pepsi products, coffee, beer and wine.

The menu consists most of burgers and sandwiches, but they brought out several really nice looking salads (and their dressings are made in house) to some tables and they have quiche too. They also had some pretty tasty looking desserts. Price wise, it wasn't bad, and around $23 tip and all. For the disappointment in the sandwich and clam chowder, the burger and fries were really good. We would definitely give this place another try.

Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

We went to the Storytelling Festival and ate lunch twice there. We ate the Ruben one day and hamburger the next. Both excellent. Service was great. Only issue was placing our order. Order taking was way too slow. This caused a long line to form. 30 minutes to place order is too long.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

I think this is the best restaurant in JBO. The food is always delicious, and they have great service. I typically get their quiche. The chicken salad is quite tasty as well. My only complaint is that they close at 3, and I don't get off work until 4:30!