“Food was great, service was meh.”

Main Street Cafe & Catering
Ranked #2 of 41 Restaurants in Jonesborough
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I'm hoping the service was simply because the servers were exhausted from the chaos that is Jonesborough Days. They were out of quiche, but it was still in bright chalk on the board. They never refilled our drinks or the 3 tables around us. We finally had to walk up and ask. They refilled ours and left the other tables bone dry.
BUT... that's the bad. Now, let's get to the good. Oh. My. Hamburger. Yes, I'm waxing rhapsodic about a hamburger. It was great. Juicy, but cooked thru. Actual, flavorful meat! The bacon was great, too. I got pasta salad as my side and it was wonderful, too. No idea what the "dressing" on it was, but yum!
Mom got a rustic chicken sandwich and she said it was the best chicken she's had in years. Not dry, not under-cooked. She said the tapenade with it was wonderful as well.
The citrus tea was really good, just couldn't quite get them to bring me more!
But, all in all, I'll give it another shot, because the food was just so darn good. Maybe I'll bring a bottle of water with me. Just in case...

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Jonesborough is a real find. The oldest city in Tennessee has authentic charm. Among the more charming places is the Main Street Cafe. Much of the interior appears to to be taken from an old soda shop. At lunch they have a large selection of salads and sandwiches as well as home made deserts. While the staff could be a bit warmer and more friendly they are efficient and competent.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We tried to eat at Main Street but I guess they were too busy for us to get any help. Took over ten minutes to have a waitress to even take our drink order. SHE NEVER CAME BACK so we left! I will NEVER go back there again! We ended up going to a different restaurant in Jonesbourough that treated us with respect. Would not recommend this place to anyone.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is crazy good place for lunch. It closes at 3pm, so don't arrive late! The desserts are wonderful but so are the soups and sandwiches. You will love it here, lots of locals do too!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Im a local and have always enjoyed coming here to eat. Its nice that they now carry the local Beer, Depot Street and also have wine. My favorite has always been the Reuben and all of their soups are usually great. Don't miss it if you are visiting the quaint town of Jonesborough.