“Everything we've tried has been delicious”
Review of The Black Olive

The Black Olive
Ranked #1 of 43 Restaurants in Jonesborough
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 week ago

We've driven by The Black Olive dozens of times, but had never heard anything about it. One evening in June while we were camping at Davy Crockett Birthplace, we decided to stop in. Since then, we've gone back at least five times. Every menu item we've tried has been delicious!

My son's favorite is the chicken fettucine alfredo. He says it's the best he's ever eaten. My husband always gets pizza, and my daughter usually gets the cheesesteak. I've tried several different meals including eggplant parmesan, artichoke angel hair pasta, chicken penne gargonzola, fettucine alfredo...have loved every meal. Don't miss the chocolate cake! It tastes like my grandma's from-scratch recipe.

Prices are reasonable, and there's plenty of seating. The servers are friendly and attentive without being overbearing. We've enjoyed each visit to The Black Olive.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

My sister and her family came to visit. I told her we would go to The Black Olive after church because I thought she would enjoy it. Everyone was ordering and my youngest son wanted shrimp. I informed him that shrimp was not a choice on the kids menu. My saddened 7 year old then said he didn’t want to eat anything. So now I feel bad. I told my son he couldn’t have shrimp because it only came in adult portions. Our waiter overheard me, and said “I can bring him a side of shrimp”. Immediately my son perks up and his day is made! I know this doesn’t happen everywhere you go.

Needless to say everyone enjoyed their food and we had a great time. This wasn’t my first time eating at The Black Olive...and it definitely won’t be my last!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I took my mom here while we were in Johnson City TN. Someone recommended it to us and we are so glad we went! Its not an elegant Italian restaurant, but it was nice and comfortable and the food was fabulous! The lasagna was awesome but I couldn't eat it all! The portions were so generous. The waiter, I forget his name, was the cutest thing. He joked with my mom (77 years old) and she joked back with him. I was really impressed by the whole Black Olive experience!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Amazing food and service. Staff was polite and atmosphere was cozy. Food was on point and fresh

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed the eggplant parmigiano and the chicken parmigiana. Both dinners were high portions that came with a
a huge amount of spaghetti on the side. The restaurant itself was pleasant and out waitress was a really sweet girl who was a professional. We highly recommend this place.