“Very Impressed”

Country Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Jonesborough
“Very Impressed”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

.This hotel was a nice surprise. Having never stayed at an AmericInn before I booked based on the reviews. The hot tub was great after a hike up the mountain. And the hiking trails were less than 5 minutes away. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Springfield, VA
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We had to find a place to stay for a funeral, and the funeral home in Jonesborough (Dillow-Taylor Funeral Home) recommended AmericInn. I reserved the least expensive room, for one night. The room rate was $79, which I thought seemed reasonable. Well, what seemed reasonable became the deal of the century!! The room was immaculately clean, the mattress was more comfy than the one I have at home, and the amenities were unending!! They not only had the usual soaps/shampoo/toiletry items, but they also had a little fridge, microwave oven, and a coffee maker (with coffee, etc) in the room. It was so nice; what a great convenience!! We rewarmed our coffee in the microwave, and put a few waters and juices in the fridge. They had free coffee and a help-yourself basket of apples in the lobby. They even have an indoor swimming pool and a hot tub!! What a treat in the middle of winter to be able to swim and get a little bit of water aerobics in during the off-season. Everyone was so friendly. But, the icing on the cake came the day we were checking out. We went into the dining room and helped ourselves to the nice continental breakfast. I asked the lady there, Marilyn, whether I could add our breakfast expenses to our room. She said, "Oh, breakfast is included in your room rate; it doesn't cost any extra." Wow!! I've never heard of this chain before, but I have to tell you, they are doing EVERYTHING right!! While I was sad to have to be there for a funeral, the employees there were all very kind and sympathetic. I've stayed in many hotels across the country for business purposes, but I will tell you, this one ranked at the top of my list, including the Hiltons and Sheratons, and had them beat price-wise hands down and for comfort and amenities!! Kudos to AmericInn and to Dillow-Taylor for recommending them!!

Room Tip: We had a room on the first floor, and it was very quiet, although we did sometimes hear people walki...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Bellaire, Michigan
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Most AmericInns are very nice and this was no exception. It's quiet and very comfortable. The front desk was very helpful. Breakfast is pretty average. I doubt we will ever get back to this one, but stay at them often.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
USA
Reviewed December 18, 2012

This was our second stay at the Americinn in Jonesborough. It will not be our last. Location very convenient for us. Quiet, easily accessible. Front desk staff very friendly and helpful. Now if I can just remember to pack a swimsuit next time, it'll be perfect.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank crabbyharper
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I stay at this hotel regularly when visiting my parents in the area. The staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms are well kept, and the pool area is excellent (the hot tub is a nice bonus). The hotel very convenient to downtown Jonesborough, although the walk to the downtown shops isn't a straight shot. It's also pretty convenient to Johnson City.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Jonesborough, Tennessee
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I ended up "living" at this AmericInn for 3 weeks while waiting for a "corporate condo" to be available, so I know the hotel well. My stay was wonderful, mostly thanks to the excellent staff, from the Manager Brittany to the housekeeping staff who kept my room spotless. The hotel is exceptionally clean, the pool area is large and offers nice outdoor views and the breakfast is tasty with a nice variety. The lobby area is so comfortable and attractively decorated that many times guests would congregate there to visit. A free local newspaper or USA Today is available daily. The price was great for the quality received! And again, it's the wonderful staff who go more than the extra mile who make this hotel so special!

Room Tip: The third floor rooms that face the parking lot actually have the best view. Some rooms have balconi...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I've stayed at this location six times and each visit was excellent. Friendly staff, good breakfast and spacious, clean and quiet rooms. I wouldn't stay anywhere else when in this area, even if I had to drive a little further. I ride a Harley and Jonesborough is a great starting point for rides into the mountains and this is the place to stay. If you stay here, eat at Bistro 105 on Main Street.
Tentrees
Semper Fi

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jonesborough
Hampton Inn Johnson City
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#7 of 19 in Johnson City
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Johnson City

Been to Country Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!