“Best meal of my vacation”
Review of Dining Room

Dining Room
Ranked #2 of 42 Restaurants in Jonesborough
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We have been in operation in downtown Jonesborough, TN for over 8 years. On March 25th, 2017 we closed our doors temporarily to move to our new location in Johnson City, TN. We will be opening our doors this spring at our new location at 202 E. Main St. with our new name "Sabores". We will update this information when we have an exact opening date. Thank you for your patience.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best meal of my vacation”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Who would have thought that the best meal of my vacation would be lunch at a Cuban restaurant in the oldest city in Tennessee?

I had the Chicken Tropi Chop, which was delicious chicken atop a bowl of black beans and rice. I believe the chicken was first marinated and then grilled and it. The mango ice tea was yummy as well but I would ask for half sweet and half plain because the sweet tea was very sweet--even for my southern born husband

For dessert, we had the warm flourless chocolate cake with mocha ice cream. I showed restraint by not licking the plate but that cake was so good, I wanted to.

While the service was fine, the food took a while to come out so if you are planning eat here before a storytelling matinee, make sure you give yourself enough time. The space is small but elegant with beautiful dark wood tables and heavy wooden chairs.

• Visited June 2014

Johnson City, Tennessee
“Tasty Cuban in Jonesborough”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

My husband and I tried the Dining Room last night for the first time. We had heard it was good and yep it was! We had the warm olive appetizer which was very tasty, if you like olives and capers. We each had a Cuban sandwich for our first visit with the black beans and rice. It was simple and good. The rest of the menu looked very interesting with lots of yummy looking entrees. Our waitress was sweet and attentive. We will definitely return. Warning -- this is a small place and reservations are highly suggested.

• Visited May 2014
Bristol, Virginia
“Great and real Cuban food”
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

Living in SW Virginia you do not find much Cuban food unless you drive a few hours. Not only is it Cuban food, it is very good Cuban food. Having been born in Havana and growing up in south Florida, I know real and authentic Cuban fare when I taste it and The Dining Room has it.

The place is small and the menu is limited but so worth visiting. I had the roast pork and it truly reminded me of my grandmothers cooking.

I have already made a reservation for next weekend.

Visited May 2014
Johnson City, Tennessee
“Nice relocated restaurant”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Cuban style restaurant that serves very good food. Lots of black beans and rice but many other choices to enjoy. Had a fruit and nut green salad that was fresh and tasty.

Visited April 2014
“Amazing Food!”
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

This is a great little place to eat. Everything was delicious, the staff was SO friendly, and the building itself is a just neat little setup. I will definitely be coming back to visit them again!