“Little Havana in Jonesborough?”
Review of Dining Room - CLOSED

Dining Room
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We have been in operation in downtown Jonesborough, TN for over 8 years. On March 25th, 2017 we closed our doors temporarily to move to our new location in Johnson City, TN. We will be opening our doors this spring at our new location at 202 E. Main St. with our new name "Sabores". We will update this information when we have an exact opening date. Thank you for your patience.
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Probably the only thing missing was expresso! Cute little bistro setting serving Cuban themed cuisine! I had crab cakes - which were a special app that evening - and they were more like crab mounds. Simply delicious! I lived in the Chesapeake Bay area and I cant seem to remember the ones there being any better. My entree was the Cuban Pork - pulled style. Theirs was nicely moist with a hint of pink showing which is about the perfect doneness. My dining partner had the Chicken Tropi which was grilled chicken breast served over black beans 'n rice topped with fresh salsa and sprinkled with a dash of cilantro. Very tasty. Service was quietly efficient and not fussy. We particularly loved the BYOW aspect. It would make a bit more romantic and give the atmosphere just a touch of elegance if the lights were dimmed and tablecloths were added. But, not having either of those will keep us away! All the best for contiued success!!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The specials are excellent . While only open for dinner on Thursady - Saturaday , the drive to Jonesborough is worth it. Be sure to take your own wine or beer.

Thank Harold and Nanc... D
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We were seated 10 minutes after our reservations. 10 minutes later our order was taken. Food did not arrive until 45 minutes after this.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

If you're visiting the beautiful historical town of Jonesborough, TN around lunch time this is a great place to try.
The fare is Cuban delightfully prepared and very tasty. Using fresh ingredients, the flavors presented are unique for this area. Unfortunately a local favorite, nearby "the Bistro" has closed but this restaurant has potential to be as good, or better.
The restaurant name is misleading and their business could be helped by a considered change. Staff were pleasant. They do not have a liquor licence.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

My husband and I tried this restaurant today and were pleased. The mango infused tea was very nice. I had the Shrimp Tropi-Chop and he had the Cuban sandwich with crab salad. We shared. The Trop-Chop $8 had beans, rice, and about a half a dozen large shrimp. The Cuban sandwich also $8 was enough to share and was already cut in halves. I really liked the crab salad (and since my tastes have changed because of chemotherapy I can't eat spicy food as much as I would like) the sandwich was more my style. The Tropi-Chop was spicy enough for my husband and so he finished that along with half the sandwich. Very friendly; pleasant atmosphere; accomodating for larger groups (they had a bunch of 18 come while we were there and were seated in a different room - I'm not sure what the largest party is they can seat). Give it a try - easily the best restaurant available in Jonesborough - it is downtown - you will run straight into it as you take the main road (hwy 354) into town - next to the Baptist church and before turning right towards the courthouse. Opens at 11 for lunch.