“Great food every time”
Review of Dining Room - CLOSED

Dining Room
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We have been in operation in downtown Jonesborough, TN for over 8 years. On March 25th, 2017 we closed our doors temporarily to move to our new location in Johnson City, TN. We will be opening our doors this spring at our new location at 202 E. Main St. with our new name "Sabores". We will update this information when we have an exact opening date. Thank you for your patience.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The specials are excellent . While only open for dinner on Thursady - Saturaday , the drive to Jonesborough is worth it. Be sure to take your own wine or beer.

Thank Harold and Nanc... D

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We were seated 10 minutes after our reservations. 10 minutes later our order was taken. Food did not arrive until 45 minutes after this.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

If you're visiting the beautiful historical town of Jonesborough, TN around lunch time this is a great place to try.
The fare is Cuban delightfully prepared and very tasty. Using fresh ingredients, the flavors presented are unique for this area. Unfortunately a local favorite, nearby "the Bistro" has closed but this restaurant has potential to be as good, or better.
The restaurant name is misleading and their business could be helped by a considered change. Staff were pleasant. They do not have a liquor licence.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

My husband and I tried this restaurant today and were pleased. The mango infused tea was very nice. I had the Shrimp Tropi-Chop and he had the Cuban sandwich with crab salad. We shared. The Trop-Chop $8 had beans, rice, and about a half a dozen large shrimp. The Cuban sandwich also $8 was enough to share and was already cut in halves. I really liked the crab salad (and since my tastes have changed because of chemotherapy I can't eat spicy food as much as I would like) the sandwich was more my style. The Tropi-Chop was spicy enough for my husband and so he finished that along with half the sandwich. Very friendly; pleasant atmosphere; accomodating for larger groups (they had a bunch of 18 come while we were there and were seated in a different room - I'm not sure what the largest party is they can seat). Give it a try - easily the best restaurant available in Jonesborough - it is downtown - you will run straight into it as you take the main road (hwy 354) into town - next to the Baptist church and before turning right towards the courthouse. Opens at 11 for lunch.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

We happened upon this restaurant when we were passing through on vacation and decided to stop at the National Storytelling Center. We had a wonderful family lunch. All six of us enjoyed our meals. The wait time was longer than people expect these days, but that is because everything is made fresh to order so make sure you have the time, then sit back and enjoy. The food was healthy, delicious, and reasonably priced. If I lived in Jonesborough, I would definitely be a regular.