“who wants to swim in a toliet???”

Wetlands Water Park
Greeneville, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“who wants to swim in a toliet???”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

POOP happens! I know but the treatment of this problem was UNREAL! someone poops (and it's very runny) I grab my kids out quick, employees laugh and some poor soul goes in to "scoop" the we poo BUT here is the KICKER, they notify no one. The kid scoops while other children are around. NO ONE is removed or area evacuated! I speak to director and was told "it can be handled without removing anyone, our chemicals are strong enough" WHAT??? CDC says you MUST remove everyone, treat for at least an HOUR!! After today, I find out this is VERY COMMON at Wetlands. I am not giving up my efforts to contact the health dept!

Visited July 2012
3 Thank Jeana H

Columbia, SC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun day”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Maybe it's under new supervision, but I'm glad I didn't see any of these negative reviews before our family went there last week. It probably would have kept us from enjoying a great day. Very nice (even though it's small) and enjoyable. It was just me, my wife and 6yo daughter. Place was very clean and people were very nice. Got a nice place on the grassy hill where you could see just about everything. No, it's definitely not a major water park by any stretch but very good place for families with younger children and teens.

Visited June 2012
Idaho Falls, Idaho
“greedy greedy greedy”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

they do not sale any baby food (or any suitable for baby) i checked before taking my nine month old grandaughter .i opened small cooler and showed staff i had baby yogart, breast milk and baby food they refused to let me take in.after paying 60 dollars for the other kids i took had to leave after 2 hours baby screaming bite bite.wow does a dollar mean more to wetlands(because they want you to buy their food) or the welfare of a baby? you judge

Visited June 2012
Jonesborough, Tennessee
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“YIKES! Run away FAST!”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Horribly disappointed! We had heard that the budget for the park was stretched thin but we didn't really realize how bad until we visited there and felt 'scummy' when we came out of the water. Turns out they have cut back on their water filtration and chemicals. Plus, there were rumors that ppl were getting sick and ending up in the ER after visiting here during the summer of 2011. I'm sorry, unless the management cleans up their act (and the WATER!) we're not coming back.

Visited June 2011
2 Thank TennesseeFamily41
Still Traveling
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Water play park with concession stand w pizza soda etc. Hiking, camping, water play makes for fun every day.”
Reviewed May 15, 2012 via mobile

Suntan, read and listen to iPod on grassy slope. Hike, eat & drink, play in the water, water slide and river. No pool. Bring water wings, flip-flops, suntan lotion, iPod, money for food & drink, sunglasses, swimming pool diapers, and cell phone. Changing rooms & restrooms on site. Closes whenever rain/lightening threatens. Great place for adults to hang out with the kids all afternoon--weather permitting.