“B&B with great ambiance in a lovely historic town” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hawley House Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jonesborough
Hawley House Bed and Breakfast
You added Hawley House Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
Ranked #7 of 7 Jonesborough B&B and Inns
Columbus, Ohio
“B&B with great ambiance in a lovely historic town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

Hawley House was a wonderful place to stay. Our hostess and her husband purchased and restored the property, down to its log beams, in the late 80's early 90's. Marcy Hawley shared her wealth of information about their historic property, the surrounding area, antiques, places to explore and upcoming events. Besides being a good cook, we had three generous breakfasts, she has decorated the home with lovely antiques and family memoribilia that makes this B&B a charming and interesting place to stay.

It is a short walk from the B&B into the historic downtown of Jonesborough with its many and varied shops. There is a very nice Farmers Market on Saturday mornings where I purchased a wooden lazy susan and pizza board and listened to music. As for dining my husband and I both had good meals at the Bistro in town, steak and sea bass complete with a good wine. We would recommend this place to anyone looking for a nice evening out.

We enjoyed antiquing around the area and plan on returning to ride or hike several trails in the area including the Virginia Creeper Trail near Abington. Bristol Motor Speedway is a big draw with its spring and summer Nascar Races. Its just 30 minutes away.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank royhobbs51

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
home
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

When you can't wait to return, is the best recommendation I can give. My wife and I have stayed in B&B's all over the world and Hawley House is one of the best. Be sure to go on the weekend and you will have a short walk to the court house for free music. Nothing better in the Smokies. Just a quite place, sit on the pourch and read a book and walk to the shops. Be sure to not miss Marcy's French Toast.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2009

Have stayed at B&B in Boston, florida and NY but this particular B&B is very special. After flying in late I got to the B&B and was greated by the innkeeper and the next morning it was like _ Relax. Really special place overlooking downtown historic district. Clean, well maintained, safe and very comfortable.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Nashville TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2009

We loved our visit to Hawley House. The authentic early American home overlooks the historic district. Other B&B's in town abutt the busy street but Hawley House has a perfect location, a block above the town. We enjoyed parking the car at the inn and walking to Main Street. The home itself is lovely but the real jewel of the B&B is Marcy, the innkeeper. Our night at Hawley House was a pleasure.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
blueridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Hawley House recently and highly recommend it, especially for someone who loves older homes and period furniture. Marcy is a wonderful, knowledgeable hostess, and I wanted to take Snuggles, her dog, home with us. It is a cozy house abounding with antiques (be sure to see the old kitchen!). The house is within walking distance of downtown where there are many different stores for everyone's taste, along with a nice selection of restaurants. Will definitely be visiting the Hawley House again!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2008

Staying at the Hawley House is like staying with an old friend. We found this bed & breakfast quite by accident, but felt blessed to have done so.

The house is so authentic for its time period, yet so comfortable for today's traveller. Marcy is a wonderful host and treats you like an old friend. She is gracious, knowledgable, and entertaining.

Breakfast is a treat and served by candlelight with much pampering.

We highly recommend that you visit the Hawley House. It will be a true respite you will treasure.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Levittown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2008

My husband and i were on our way to Pigeon Forge Tn, when we decided to visit Jonesborough on the way. I actually found it on the computer, and what a lucky find it was. I read it was the oldest town in Tennessee, sort of like mayberry rfd.. anyways, not knowing the area, or where to stay, I relied on trip advisor to steer me in the right direction, and what a treasure I found. We stayed at The Hawley House, a bed & breakfast, and I have to say, it was such a pleasure. The owner, Marci, is such a sweetheart, from the moment we walked in the front door into this piece of history, with its beautiful antiques, and delightful wrap around porch, I knew I had found a treasure. We stayed in the "Preston room", and it overlooked the town.What I thoroughly enjoyed was the train that comes by a stones throw away from the porch, several times a day. It brought back so many memories of when I use to visit my dear grandmother, who has since passed, when i was a little girl. Now, if you want to experience a breakfast like no other, sit back and have Marci cook you up a down home breakfast like no other. Everything was delicious, what i wouldnt do right now to sit and have one of her homemade biscuits and apple butter. I would highly recommend staying here, you'll be glad you did!! (try the Bistro for a great sandwich)

• Liked — the home cooked breakfast
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
1 Thank mollysmama
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jonesborough
Country Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express
Holiday Inn Express
#3 of 20 in Johnson City
4.5 of 5 stars 204 reviews

Been to Hawley House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!