Holiday Inn Johnson City
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Volunteer Lodge(Johnson City)
Comfort Suites(Johnson City)
View Hotel
All reviewscomedy clubnice poolenjoyable staynight staybed was comfortablebusiness centerconferencepillowsbanquettennessee
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I would have given this Hotel a higher rating because of the HARD WORK done by the Desk Clerks but the Maintenance Staff, and Housekeeping need some work.
Upon checking in and going to the room I noticed that the door would not close or lock unless you SLAMMED it hard . I also ask for a wake up call but the phone did not ring properly or loud enough to wake me up. These items were reported to the HARD WORKING DESK CLERKS but when I got back that day from the ride they had not been fixed, it took two days for them to fix the phone and the door was still not closing properly when I left.
The closet door did not work properly but I could handle that as I could open one side to get inside so I did not report this, also the toilet seat was loose so I just lived with it for the three days that I was there.
I needed to iron some blue jeans but when I went to the closet and got the Ironing Board there wasn't any Iron. I call to the Front Desk about this and they sent one up with two young men who brought me a iron. I ask the Young man if it worked and his answer was "I Don't know I just Stole it from another Room" and left!( I did Tip for this service)!
I came back to the room one day and all the Pillows were piled on one bed, the clock was unplugged also so I had to reset it!
The Soap was left in the shower for two days but they did give me a new bar each day so I used it.
On the First day as I was leaving I saw the Room next door open with a clean up cart in front of it so I stopped to inform whoever about the door not shutting properly and the Individual who was working in the room Informed me that all he did was pick up the towels and if I had any to be replaced could I get them for him, Hmmmm now I am ask to do his job , not good at all!

The General Manger needs to hold some Training with his Maintenance and Housekeeping crew and give his Desk Clerks a Raise for their Excellent Attitude and Gung Ho manner.

Even though I like the Hotel I would not say it is up to the Holiday Inn Standard that I am a custom too, except for the Front Desk clerks who were Fantastic.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank robert b
Ken P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Thank you for the 3 Star review. I have given a copy of your comments to the front desk manager, Exec. Housekeeper, and the Chief Engineer and have gone of your comments with each. We will certainly take action. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

The staff did a great job in handling our group during the COG rally at the hotel.

The property it self could use a little sprucing up. Our room had a picture that had been ripped off the wall, the hooks were still in the wall. The bathrooms could use some serious cleaning as well. There was major dust built up behind the furniture, noticed this as I was hunting for electrical outlets. Speaking of electrical outlets, having some on the desk, like in the lamp base would be nice. The wifi internet was mostly ok, did have a few connectivity issues.

Was on the sixth floor and the a/c could not keep up with the heat. The maid suggested we keep our sun shades pulled during the day, which helped some. Also, noticed a faded out stain on the white bed spread.

I was able to overlook the majority of these issues as the staff did a great job and we had a good rate at the hotel.

Room Tip: Do not get a room on the 6th floor in the summer. Room will not stay cool during the day.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Ken P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Thank you for the 4 Star review. The picture has already been replaced. Just to be on the safe side I will have maintenance look at the air conditioner. We can repair or replace. Thank you for your kind words about the staff. We work very hard for all our guests. Hope you had a safe trip home. We enjoyed having COG for the week with us. Hope you can make it to Johnson City again.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

The hotel property is nice enough and clean, staff are super, But if you are a road warrior....meaning if you travel for business as a living....skip this hotel. I stayed here several years go and all was well it was priced higher then...price came down a little but the internet is horrible. I quit staying here and decided to try them again. Guess what??? They internet is still horrible....kicked off every couple of minutes, slow connection when you do have it. Many other hotels in this area with equal too facilities and price and good to great internet at those hotels.

If you are traveling with kids its ok other than that....find another hotel.

Took forever to post this! GEEZ!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Not sure I have stayed on various floors and areas internet very poor everywhere. My latest room was right at the end of the hall where supposedly the wifi was....my computer only showed one connections and it was very poor and repeatedly limited or no connection
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Ken P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Certainly do apologize for any issues you may have had with the internet. This is the first I have heard of any issues with the internet. Speaking with the Chief Engineer for the hotel, he is unaware of any issues with the internet. Just to be on the safe side we will have our internet carrier come to the hotel to check the system. Thank you for your comments. We always try to improve on all areas of our operation. Guest like you that help us to improve.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

We stayed here when we went to the NHRA Bristol race. It was nice and clean. My kids liked the pool. It was close enough to the track that it was convenient. It was close to several restaurants and stores.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

We are glad your stay with us went very well. Thank you for your 4 Star review. It is guest like you that help us always want to do better and improve. Please make your plans to stay with us again. Thank you!

Reviewed June 24, 2014

The Motorcycle club we are in, had the whole Hotel full last week. We literally took over, the parking lot, had a Bike wash set up and invaded the lobby. The staff was great, the food was super. The whole place was spotless!!! I'm sure the group would go back!

Room Tip: Rooms in the back were quieter. Our room was spacious. Could walk around the beds and the bathroom was very roomy.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Ken P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

We loved having your motorcycle group with us. Great folks that were fun to be of service too. Thank you for your 5 Star review of the hotel and staff during your stay. We certainly hope plans are being made now for your return. Enjoy the summer, enjoy the ride.