“Disappointment”

Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
Naples, Florida
“Disappointment”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

I will start with the good. The breakfast is exceptional! The wait staff in the breakfast area is great, friendly and helpful. A wonderful breakfast at a very good price.

Now to the front desk staff and room. We arrived on Easter Sunday, late in the afternoon. There were maybe 6 cars in the parking lot, I asked for a room with a nice view, attached is a photo of the view from the room. I called down and complained but was not offered another room. I also asked for tea and kept waiting for it to be delivered, I had to go downstairs and get it myself. The ice machine on the 4 floor did not work, we complained it was fixed the day we checked out. Also there were no snacks machines on any of the floors. The AC unit in the room was a mess! We ended up turning it off. We were told the restaurant would be open at 5 on that Sunday, it did not open at all. The information booklet in the room should be changed. Local CBS channel on TV was so snowy you could not watch it.

My sister finally complained on our 2nd day, we were given $30 off our room.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Ken P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you for your 3 Star review of our hotel. I am pleased to tell you we are at this time installing new air conditioning and renovating all our guest rooms. On your next visit with us you will notice a difference. Thank you also for your great comments about our restaurant food and service. We hope to be of service to you again soon. Again, thank you for your 3 Star review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

Fast check in! The hotel was very well up kept. Let me first explain that I hate hotels due to germs and not knowing if everything was cleaned properly. I walked into our room and bathroom and they where clean. I didn't feel the need to clean! My husband and I felt comfortable to let our young children play on the floor.
We did NOT try their food not due to the hotel due to our schedule, but it did smell good walking through the lobby.
The only issues we had was the Pepsi pop machines on all the floors were out dated. My husband address this problem with the manager and she took care of it right away. As we walked out that morning the Pepsi Rep was there fixing the issue. The other was the bath tub, it was just super slippery like any tubs but this one a little bit more so.
All in all this is a very nice hotel. I would suggest it to any one going to be staying in the Johnson city arae.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Ken P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Your 4 Star review is so greatly appreciated by the entire staff of the Holiday Inn Johnson City. I want to thank you for your kind words about the hotel and the staff. I know you are glad to be moved into your new home and hope all goes well for you and your family. Thank you again.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed April 9, 2014

The check in process was super easy and the staff were very friendly. The bed was very comfortable. We stayed twice as a 1/2 way point to our destination. We left a charger the first time, and asked about it when we stayed again on the way home. The staff went the extra mile and brought all the charges up to our room so we could see if one of them were ours. When they found out it was a charger for a toothbrush, they went back and looked again, and brought it up to our room. They were great! I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank KimCKo
Ken P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Your 5 Star review of the Johnson City Holiday Inn is so very much appreciated. Thank you for you kind words on how good the staff and hotel was during your stay. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff. It is important to all of us that all our guest have the experience you had. Thank you again, and please plan to stay with us again when in Johnson City.
Wise, Virginia
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

This was a nice, comfortable stay. The bedding and pillows were great. The room was clean. The staff was very accommodating. Even let me stay until 2 on check out day. The comedy club was also fun, and the waitstaff there were also great. The only reason I didn't give it 4 stars was the noise! The first night, there was a group of teenagers in the room next to mine. Loud until 3am and I could hear everything they said. Not just muffled. I finally figured out that the windows were not flush to the wall and I could actually see into the next room...about a 1/2 inch gap between the window and the wall. No wonder it was so loud!! The next day, I could hear the housekeeping staff's conversation as they cleaned the room. Kind of a creepy feeling.

Stayed March 2014
Ken P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thank you so much for your 4 Star review of our hotel during your recent visit to Johnson City. Also glad you enjoyed our comedy zone. Sorry, about the noise from the room next door. I will have maintenance take a look at the opening between the rooms and make any needed repairs. We hope you will stay with us again. We have different comedy acts every weekend. When will complete our renovations things will be even better. See you soon we hope.
Cumberland, Kentucky
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I am staying in the Holiday Inn right now, did not realize my family are staying at the Holiday Inn Express and got a room here thinking they were here. 5 minutes after realizing my mistake tried to get a refund but was refused and said that I could get a room at the other hotel but had to keep this one also. I just walked in my room, found out over the phone i was in the wrong hotel, walked to the front desk asked to speak to the manager but was told by the man there that I could not get a refund. So now I am staying here with the ketchup stained carpet!!!

• Stayed March 2014
Ken P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
I am sorry we could not grant your request. Once you check in and use a guest room or slightly use a guest room we can not refund your money on the basis you checked into this hotel but had a reservation at another hotel. I am certainly willing to work with you on this situation. I will try to contact you on the information I have and please feel free to contact me at the hotel. I hope the rest of your trip was enjoyable and safe. Your comments are very much appreciated.

Travelers are raving about these Johnson City hotels

Jackson, Tennessee
Reviewed December 23, 2013

We have stayed here several times staff is great room are clean and have lots of room no smells that don't belong there we have a goldwing rally to hold at this hotel these are. some of the best we have ever dealt with bar none them and the chamber of commerce are the best we have ever worked with.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Ken P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words about the Holiday Inn Johnson City, TN. The entire staff and I are excited about the upcoming convention with your group. When you make your return visit please look me up. Hope you have a great new year.
Vermont
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Stayed here in December, 2013. As with all Holiday Inns, this one has been recently upgraded as part of the company wide required program. Still, it seems worn in many places. Peeling wallpaper and many other signs that the property was redone to whatever minimums were required. No real complaints, and staff was nice. But I have recently started staying in Holiday Inns after the system wide upgrade and many are very nice for the price point. Many owners have really taken the upgrade to heart, but this is not one of them. So it gets a 3. Maybe I was just being grumpy, and I certainly wouldn't avoid the place. Just trying to motivate the owners to complete what they'd started.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Ken P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to send you comments. The hotel has had some upgrades but we are now beginning to upgrade even more. The guest rooms will get a new look starting in January However, that is only the beginning. You did say you would not avoid the hotel so I would like to invite you back. Please call me direct for your next reservation. Thank you again for you comments. We really hope to see you again soon.