“Gross....No value for the price”

Holiday Inn Johnson City
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Travelers and Priceline shoppers beware! This is definitely not worth the price of admission! Rooms have a less than pleasant aroma, carpet is dirty, chairs soiled, inside of windows dirty, bugs in window sill, paint peeling off bathroom ceiling, and the cable wasn't working (reported to front desk but nothing done). Just sorry that my family spent their hard earned money on this disappointment of a motel!

2  Thank Kathy P
Ken P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

I do apologize for any problems you may an encountered during your stay. We have sold all of our rooms several times recently and I have not received any comments like these. I will assume issues in this room were corrected. Your comments are extremely important to me and I appreciate you taking the time to bring anything and everything to me.

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

We walked in the room and it smelled musty. The carpets in the hallway looked nice but upon entering the room you will be surprised by the lack of upkeep an care of the rooms. The cable didn't work in our room and when we pulled the tv from the wall we found bare wires hanging out of the wall. When we notified management we were informed that three other rooms had cable issues. Chairs are soiled in the rooms and doors are horribly destroyed. This hotel needs serious renovations and staff that cares about their facility. This is not up to Holiday Inn standards!!!

1  Thank rpierce
Ken P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

To this guest, I certainly do apologize. I do not want any guest at this hotel to experience a bad stay or experience any situation that can quickly be corrected during the stay. I can not think of any room that would have so many things wrong. We have 24 hour maintenance and day and night housekeeping service. When a guest has an issue hopefully we can react and correct. This is a very good hotel. I hope on your second visit you request to see me. I will be happy to met with you, answer any questions, and prove beyond doubt this is a good hotel. Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

I hope you don't have a sense of smell! The rooms are disgusting! They are so dark! The room has a tv but no cable. It's a beautiful hotel but it's absolutely disgusting. They DO NOT have continental breakfast, and after seeing the rooms, I would never pay to eat at their restaurant. It smells musty and like mold! It is also VERY dark!!

• Stayed: July 2013
Ken P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Honestly do not know about any "smells." The reason we do not have a free breakfast is because we are full service with a restaurant that sells food. I believe you have confused us with the Holiday Inn Express. I am sorry your visit was not pleasing. We work very hard to ensure guest satisfaction to all our guests.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Pros
Easy access to everything. People were generally friendly.

cons
Wifi is terrible. Drops you every 3 minutes and signal strength is terrible.
Plugins are hard to get to so plugging in laptops was a chore.
Coffee was terrible.
Refrigerator barely gets cold.

Next time I am in Johnson city, I am looking elsewhere to stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank liam24
Ken P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

I am very sorry you had problems with wifi dropping the signal. We have not had anyone alert us to internet issues recently so I hope this was an isolated incident. Our coffee is a Holiday Inn branded coffee and we have never had anyone say the coffee was not good. Again, I do apologize for the areas we did not meet your satisfaction. The staff and I work very hard on all levels of guest satisfaction. I invite you, please, to give us a second change to be of service to you. I thank you for your comments. When issues are brought to our attention we try very hard to make corrections. I hope you will consider staying with us again soon.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

1st class all the way around. Room was excellent, staff, facilities.
Tri-cities miata club with the Holiday Inn had everyone a red carpet welcome!
5 stars out of 5
The rooms were clean, the lobby spacious and the grounds devoted to our group .. dedicate areas to wash cars and our own parking lot to line up the Miatas before heading out to each event!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Ken P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

5 Star rating you gave us is certainly appreciated. Thank you for your great comments about the hotel, housekeeping, and everything about the hotel. We want you to know we "love" the Miatas. We looking forward to seeing you again. Thank you so much for your comments.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

King Room on the Executive Floor
First the Pros: Pet Friendley, Good Location, Good Air Conditioner, Nice Towels, Clean Bathroom.
Now the Cons: Room was Dark and Smelly,(Even with all Lamps on) Halls reeked of Cigarettes. Very Thin Sheets, Small Pillows,
Dirty Carpet, Worn out Mattress( husbands back is still hurting from it)
Not enough accessible electric outlets. Overpriced!!
Will not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank nvky
Ken P, Manager at Holiday Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

I apologize our facilities did not met your satisfaction. We try very hard for all our guests to leave with a good experience. I do appreicate your comments. I am pleased to announce that in September, when we slow down, we are planning some upgrades. Most hotels do upgrades each year during the slower part of the year. Most of our guests are pleased with their stay. We will go over your comments during our managers meeting. It is guest such as yourself that help us work even harder to improve. Thank you for your kind comments about the staff.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I was here with the Tri-Cities Miata Club and was pleasantly surprised at how the hotel staff devoted themselves and the grounds to our group. The front desk staff was friendly and professional (and very supportive of our group, wearing the official 'Zoomin' the Tennessee Mountains' t-shirts).

The hotel has been upgraded with modern decor, although I wish they had up'd the counter height in the restrooms as well. At almost 6 feet tall, the 32 inch counter height is just too low and the shower head was level with my shoulders. But other than the gymnastics required to wash my hair, the room was very nice and the beds extremely comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Ken P, Manager at Holiday Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Thank you for your great comments on your recent stay with us. We also enjoyed having the Miata Car Club at the hotel. Hopefully we will see you and all the Miata's again next year.