“My stay was Fab”

Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
Nash
“My stay was Fab”
Reviewed November 23, 2009

I was there for my 50th bday and I was so pleased with the room and the great service. Going back to stay there in Nov

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sisterbabby

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
North Carolina
Reviewed November 14, 2009

We were very impressed with the staff. This was my first time in Johnson City but I was treated like a regular. During my travels I have found many people to have a character smile. Years of faking a smile can almost pass as the real thing. No one at this hotel made me or my colleagues feel less than special. If business or pleasure ever takes me to TN and even near Johnson City, I shall return.

P.S Cookies were fantastic!!!!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank moneytravel
North Carolina
Reviewed November 12, 2009

My colleague and I stayed at the Doubletree in September of this year and it was a very pleasant surprise. I was aware that the Doubletree itself was a "nice" hotel, however I didn't realize that the staff not to mention the amenities would be so outstanding. While my colleague and I were attending business meetings and such our families were able to enjoy the indoor pool and do some very convenient shopping. I would recommend the Doubletree to everyone, whether the trip is business or just family relaxation.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank jscott04
Chattanooga, TN
Reviewed August 8, 2009

I stay at this property on a regular basis. The staff is friendly and attentive. They have often times gone above and beyond to accommodate my requests, no matter what the circumstance. The rooms are comfortable, quiet and clean. I also enjoy Fanatics, the on premise restaurant. The food is great, as well as the Fanatics staff. Any comments about "bed bugs" is a joke. I happen to know that this property has extermination service on a regular basis and of the dozen or more times that I have stayed, I have never seen any evidence of pests. Don't pay atttention to comments like that. I highly reccommend staying at this Doubletree.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank TennesseeSales
janicesllvn017
Reviewed May 12, 2009

I sometimes find myself forced to stay at this location, and it seems that every year there is a bed bug issue. I would NEVER bring my children here. The front desk staff was a shambles. And it seemed like no one knew what they were doing. Ants were another problem....save yourself the hassle and stay at the super eight...you'll be treated better.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank janicesllvn017
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed February 27, 2009

I've been staying here years and I'm sorry to say it, but, the property is in a state of decline. Recent re-model didn't help. Mildew around showers and tubs and the hallways are filthy. Bar parking makes night check-in inconvenient.

Staff is very friendly, but, Hilton needs to "clean house."

Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Fillmore, California
Reviewed June 23, 2008

I expected more from a Double Tree Hotel, especially for the price! We were on the executive floor, but there was nothing executive about it. The room decor looked tired and old and needed remodeling. There was no thermostat in the room so regulating the temperature was difficult and the air conditioner was loud. Even with the air conditioning noise we could still hear people talking down at the street level and we were on the 5th floor! The closet door in our room was broken, there was no fan in the bathroom and the room had 2 double sized beds. They do not offer queens. That seems so outdated to me. Who sleeps on double beds anymore? The cookies were good but the breakfast in the morning was forgettable. Overall, a disapointment. We picked this hotel because they accept pets but the $50.00 non-refundable deposit seemed very high considering the condition of the room. It is very frustrating that many places that accept pets think it's okay to give you an outdated room because they assume you are not clean if you have a pet.

• Liked — The cookies
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank JoeyDog