DoubleTree by Hilton Johnson City
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
Morristown, United States
“jm”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

The doubletree is a nice hotel that is conveniently located near the mall and good places to eat. The beds are comfortable, the only complaints I have is that it states that the pool is heated, the children were freezing and was not able to stay long inside. The complaint I have for the rooms is that you can hear children running in the hallway on the floor above you and you can hear activities that the people are doing in the room next door.

1 Thank Julia M
sdlewis, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Johnson City, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to hear that your bed was comfortable but am very sorry you experieced noise disruptions in the hallway and from the rooms next door to your. I will address this with our team and with our security agents as we are committed to providing a quiet and comforting place to stay. I apologize your children were unable to fully utilize our indoor pool due to the cold water temperature and will be sure this is addressed immediately with our team. I hope that if your travels bring you back to Johnson City, you will allow us the opportunity to provide you with a perfect stay.
Steve Lewis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
johnson city, United States
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I was on a Church Appreciation for a Pastor our church is associate with. upon arrival I found out there was a cheerleader group, and A WEDDING going on at the hotel. I was a little concern at the noise that might occur. Some of the cheerleaders was assigned to a room next to mine. But I stay calm when I heard the chitter chatter of excited girls at one point. I can honest say out side of that few moment of the girls excitement, this was one of the quite weekend I have stayed at this year. This was my first time at a doubletree hotel. I usual stay at a Marriot... My first experience was a great time. very professional, considerate, warm welcome and the hospitality for breakfast and evening meal were super. I will be returning to the Doubletree Hotel in the future. My rate is a 5 star location.

1 Thank Iva B
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. We are delighted that you enjoyed your first visit to at DoubleTree by Hilton and honored you chose to stay with us! It is always a pleasure sharing such wonderful comments with our team as we do strive each day to make our valued guests feel welcomed and appreciated. Thanks again for making us your hotel of choice in Johnson City - we can't wait to welcome you back.
Tazewell, Virginia
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel twice. Both trips were for business. My most recent stay was a little disappointing compared to my first stay. I was put in a room on the ground floor at the end of the hallway. I noticed immediately the smell of cigarette smoke. The hotel is supposed to be smoke free. There were burn marks in the curtains as well. I went to the front desk to report this. The two young men on duty did not offer an apology or offer to change my room. I asked them to be moved and they obliged. I was moved to another room which was much more up to par for doubletree.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to share feedback on your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input and will use your comments to help us improve our property and our service. We will definitely address the smoke smell you mention and also will use the lack of an apology as a training example for our front desk team. I am very sorry to hear they did not apologize and immediately offer to change your room in an effort to make it right. This is not up to our standards, nor the standards you deserve as a valued guest. We greatly appreciate your loyalty and hope you will give us another chance next time you are in Johnson City.
Kentucky
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed 1 night on the Executive floor (5th floor) and really enjoyed my stay. The room passed my usual cleanliness inspection upon check-in. (Beds, bathroom and the room overall.) The hotel was older but my room looked as if it had been remodeled in the past couple years. The staff was friendly and I really enjoyed the concierge lounge down the hall. (I thought the cocktails were reasonably priced there, though only a small selection.)

The hotel sits back up off the main road and isn't too close to the Interstate so that added an element of quiet. It overlooked the mall and was very, very close to several restaurants.

My only complaints were the saggy feather pillows. I would have requested down alternative pillows but by the time I realized they were feather pillows it was very late and I didn't want to call anyone to request something else. Too, the complimentary breakfast that was served in the concierge lounge wasn't very good. The danish were wet and soggy and, well, everything just looked a little sad.

There was an on-site wedding, or perhaps just a receiption, on the night that I stayed but I didn't hear any unruliness because of that.

All in all if I was in the area again I would definitely stay here.

Room Tip: I think staying on the concierge level is worth it!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
We appreciate your feedback and apologize for our concierge breakfast not being up to our standards during your stay. Your comments have been shared with our team and we have taken immediate corrective action to prevent this from happening again. We do offer an alternative to the down pillows and would be more than happy to provide them to aid in a good night's sleep for all our guests. Please let us know next time and we will have them waiting for you in your room. I am very happy to hear other aspects of your stay went well and we look forward to welcoming you back to Johnson City on your next visit.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Only stayed overnight. I think I had the room at the end of the building as I had a very long walking with the suitcase. The place has limited facilities, however the sports bar and restaurant across the way is good.
For me Breakfast was fine, as it was limited. Not much space to eat at though!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for your comments. We greatly value your opinion and certainly take your comments into consideration as we are constantly striving to improve on our hotel and service.
Windermere, FL
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I was in town for a funeral and needed a place close as we had driven from Florida and returning the next day. Older facility but well maintained and comfortable. Must have been a busy weekend since the parking lot was almost at capacity. Friendly check-in, comfortable beds, clean room and bath. Not there long enough to really check out any amenities, but the third party restaurant (sports bar) leaves a little to be desired on a Satruday Night trying to watch a football Game and have a band playing so loud we couldn't stand to stay more than 5 minutes.

Room Tip: All rooms look out over a parking lot and the mall.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for taking time to review our hotel regarding your recent stay. I am glad parts of your stay were up to standard but disappointed you were not completely satisfied with your stay. Please know we are in the planning process of totally updating our restaurant, which should be complete during the 1st half of 2014. We appreciate your feedback and will take your comments into consideration.
Cincinnati, United States
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Great property, great location, great people!!! Only disappointment is that the restaurant does not allow children at night. We will return to this property on our next visit to the area. Employees were very helpful with directions.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at our hotel. Our team of professionals take great pride in the level of service we provide to all our guests and I am glad to share your kind words with them. Please know we are currently in the planning process of completely updating our restaurant. We appreciate all feedback and take into consideration any suggestions which would improve our guest experience. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Johnson City.