“Very Nice”

DoubleTree by Hilton Johnson City
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
Reviewed February 11, 2013

The hotel was beautiful. Very modern, clean and comfy. The staff was great. My only complaint would be that the inside AND outside pool share the same water so it was way to cold to swim in. The indoor pool was the reason for our choosing this hotel so that was a bit of a disappointment. In the Summer it would be great though.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Amazing stay as always! I surprised my fiance with a romantic night after an impromptu dinner with friends. The hotel staff and bar staff were amazing in helping me plan and execute a birthday cake and singing with friends at the bar as well as a romantic night afterwards with candles and roses in our room. Everyone was wonderful, the beds are the best part, as well as the awesomely spacious bathroom and sleeping space. Many more stays there for us to come!!! Thanks to all at the Double Tree!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Friendly Staff, all the kings w/ sleeper sofas were booked so we had to get doubles, tight sleeping for four people. I wish they would put the plush top on all beds and not just the kings. Bed was not soft enough but the staff was kind and gave me extra pillows and blankets to pad the bed, I slept on the feather pillows which made our two night stay manageable. I see the reviews about floor being dirty, while we were there they were shampooing the carpets. My room was clean. The pool was pretty cold, it needs to be heated since it's open to swim outside. My kids love to swim but they didn't stay in long. The fitness room was really nice, they gave you headsets to plug into the machines to watch tv and not disturbed other guests. I am used to more variety in the concierge room, it was one of the rooms made into the concierge, they only had two tables. No real complaints, pleasant stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Unfortunately this is one of the best hotels in the Johnson City area with great access to the little mall and a few of their night life areas all within walking distance. My advice would be to inspect your room prior to accepting it. This hotel is used by many of the club goers in the area and falls prey to some of the more unfortunate effects of that life style. Overall it is a great price and 80% of the time a very comfortable stay. Just on this particular stay I cut my visit very short due to the room’s condition and comfort level.

Room Tip: Stay away from the first floor rooms unless you have to smoke. Inspect the room prior to accepting i...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I read the reviews of this hotel before my trip and sincerely hoped they were wrong. The hotel front desk staff were all very friendly and accomidating. The room was nice and had new carpet. I spent 4 nights in a king room and had to ask for towels, wash cloths, toilet paper. The bed was not made one time, trash was not emptied until I asked. Essentials such as soap, shampoo.... were not restocked one time. This was the first Hilton property I've stayed in that did not have an area guide in the room. There was a full menu for room service BUT it is only availabe after 6pm. I wouldn't recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you can't get the room cleaned or clean towels, the room won't matter.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
sdlewis, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

I certainly thank you for taking the time to review our hotel regarding your recent stay with us. I was very happy to hear that you found our rooms to be accommodating and that our front desk staff was friendly toward you. I do however, sincerely apologize that we did not meet expectations and did not live up to our standards and the standards you deserve as it relates to daily housekeeping and re-stocking of supplies for your room. I have spoken with our housekeeping supervisors and shared your review with them as part of our training to prevent issues like this from occuring again. We are actively working to ensure our standards of cleanliness and comfort are consistently met

Again, I do apologize for the inconveniences your encountered during your stay at our hotel but hope that you will consider giving us another chance next time you are back in the Tricities area.

Steve

Reviewed January 16, 2013

The rooms at this hotel were clean and updated. The internet was only an average speed. It was good for a night’s stay but I would not want to stay here for an extended period of time. The breakfast was only average. Many of the dishes were dirty (not washed properly) so make sure you inspect the plates and silverware before using them. Parking is free and the hotel is in a good location which is a plus. There was just nothing special about this hotel that caught my eye.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
sdlewis, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations and am extrememly disappointed that you found our silverware to be unclean. I can assure you that our #1 priority is for every guest to have an exceptional stay with us. Please know we will do everything we need to do to ensure that the issues you experienced are corrected. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience and I will certainly keep your review in mind.

Best regards,
Steve Lewis

Reviewed January 9, 2013

The staff was very friendly. Clean, quite room. The breakfast buffet was excellent. Didn't try the restaurant for dinner, but did order room service for our daughter, which she said the food was real good.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Randy H

Thank you for much for the excellent review of your recent visit to our hotel. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed our restaurant and room service as well as a clean and quiet room. Our entire staff is committed to and and strives to provide every guest with a great stay. I will surely share your review with our team and am so happy you were pleased with the friendliness of the staff.

Thank you again for taking the time to write your review and I ask that you please consider staying with us again should your travels bring you back to our area!

Best regards,