“Nice Place For A Short Stay”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The property and rooms were in great shape. It was a great place to stay for just a night or 2 but would have been hard for an extended stay. No in room refrigerator, microwave or coffee maker. Staff was very helpful. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed on a Tuesday night and returned again on a Thursday night. Jeffery, very nice gentleman on the check-in desk, is very friendly and courteous, the kind of guy that will go out of the way to help you out and have an enjoyable stay. Clean non-smoking room that did not smell like smoke. Clean towels and wash clothes, nice flluffy pillows. We enjoyed our stay both times, and will definately stay he again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed April 26, 2013

The parking lot did not have one piece of paper in it. The Pool has no water or P in it, so it's just an Ool at the moment. Tennessee restricts the times BY STATE LAW when motels can add water to pools. The pool LOOKED nice, though... will have to return to enjoy it.

Inside the room, it's just bare bones basic, but extraordinarily clean. The bed was VERY comfortable, the TV is not flatscreen but still large screen and fairly new.

The bathroom was well-equipped, but only soap and no shampoo. I'm sure they'd give me a shampoo if I'd asked but I had one left over from my last hotel stay.

In the location it is, even so close to the interstate, their was NO ROAD NOISE. What a relief.

The only problem with this hotel room was that it was musty smelling, mildew. It's because it's been flooded in the past. Heavy downpours are not uncommon in East Tennessee... and the side I stayed on gets all the water on those occasions.

By the way, they have a military rate... :-) and a FANTASTIC Chinese restaurant next door that has an incredible buffet. I'm reviewing it too, so if you stay in town, give it a try.

Room Tip: Try to choose a room that does not have a mildew problem... these rooms are the uphill ground floor...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank PhantasticPhotog
Reviewed April 25, 2013

My experience with Motel 6's has been less than stellar. So it was with trepidation that I used a travel coupon to stay at this one. Fortunately it was a bit larger and less sterile than most. The room was clean and in good repair; I think this one is newer than most. The desk clerk was friendly and helpful. No breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This is probably the best Motel 6 I've ever seen. The hotel used to be a Quality Inn so a lot of the upgrades found in the rooms would not be at a regular Motel 6. The bathrooms have granite countertops and there are also hair dryers available. The linens were clean and a definite upgrade from most Motel 6's. Overall, the room was very clean, the price was extremely reasonable, and I was very pleased with the stay. The front desk clerk, who also happened to be the general manager, was one of the nicest people I've ever met and very willing to assist with any question or concern. I never saw any "unsavory" individuals and never worried about my safety. I would definitely return and I would also recommend hotel anyone.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

This place is known as the crack head hotel by locals. Me and my boyfriend got a room there because it was cheap. Now we know why. Cigarette burns in the sheets as well as the sheets were ripped. Smells awful throughout the hotel. Will never return.

• Stayed: January 2013