“Bar Visit Only”

Wellington's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Wellington's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 326 Restaurants in Johnson City
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Public transit is available.
Description: Wellington's Restaurant is "the dining experience" in Johnson City Tennessee, and will quickly become a favorite to those who desire an exquisite culinary experience in a relaxing setting. With focus on exceptional service and style, Wellington's menu features a Southern American Cuisine, created by their Executive Chef, Heather Ricker. Filled with antique structures, encompassed by warm mahogany and cherry woods, the grand dining room combines a warm, intimate atmosphere with an unforgettable array of tantalizing treats. One antique structure you won't want to miss is the antique bar salvaged from an old bar in Chicago, but Wellington's antique bar is serving up more than just history. Featuring Johnson City's most comprehensive selection of top quality bourbons and whiskeys, as well as an assortment of wines, and spirits for any occasion.
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Early weekend closing time. Bartended was a bit snooty and interested in leaving at 11PM. There was plenty of business to be had since there were three wedding groups staying at the hotel. Good craft beer and whiskey selection

1  Thank Gregfromraleigh

Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is a lovely restaurant. Perhaps my problem is that I am not Southern (though my partner is). Every time we have dined here (three times now), we have been underwhelmed by the food. There is a certain sameness to the menu that I have found tiring. It seems to me that the chef is trying TOO hard to represent Southern food, but our opinion is that it is not being done to the level one would expect in a high end restaurant. Though we like the hotel very much, I've reached the point now that I prefer to go to Bonefish for the quality of meal we both expect from a restaurant. Also, the last time we had a cocktail in the bar, it was pretty average, which is another reason I'd prefer Bonefish.

2  Thank DrJ00001
Reviewed October 5, 2013

very nice, quite restaurant. the service was good and the food cam in a good amount of time. i recomend the filet

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We visit this restaurant often, but on this evening we had the best meal in years! The fried green tomatoes with pimento cheese and orange marmalade appetizer was one of the best things I have ever eaten. They also had our all time favorite wild mushroom soup. We are two happy people! On Saturday evening there was live Jazz in the lounge which we could hear from our table and we stopped by afterward to enjoy more. It was a lovely evening! We will return soon.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

First when you enter this restaurant you immediately can feel a clam come over you. Everything is clean, perfectly in it's place and no loud music. The food was prepared perfectly, all the sides were tasty as well. The service was excellent. If you want to go to a restaurant to get great food and beagle to talk to your friends while you are dinning the you should go to Wellington's Restaurant.
The bonus is there is many rare art items in this restaurant as well that has history that I am sure will delight you and your friends.