“Captures the spirit of Johnson City”

Scratch Brick Oven Foodworks
Ranked #14 of 315 Restaurants in Johnson City
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I've lived in Johnson City for most of my life, but have ventured away for college twice. Scratch, to me, captures the spirit of Johnson City better than any restaurant in the city. I've had a few Trust pizzas that I wasn't overly happy with, but can chalk those up to being a little out of my taste bud range. I always love the crust and sauces though. The atmosphere makes it a must visit for visitors to Johnson City. Sit around, watch everyone and you know what Johnson City is really like. It's a lot of laid-back people, enjoying life, enjoying time with friends over good food and times. It takes me back to when I was younger and Johnson City wasn't half the size it is now or had a third the restaurants we have now. I didn't know if they could make it since Johnson City has Greg's Pizza and Crazy Tomato, both of which have been named on the Pizza King's "Best Pizza" list, but Scratch has done it with consistently good pizza, friendly service and a nice, relaxed atmosphere. It's always fun to mention to out of town friends, "This used to be a dentist's office". I'll always go back for one of their pizzas and to take my mind off everything going on around me.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Best pizza in town!!! Order the Trust pizza. You will not be disappointed. You can BYOB or drink of choice. They also offer soda. They have a really cool vinyl record collection that you can play while you're eating.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

After reading some positive reviews, i ordered the Trust Pizza and had it delivered by DoubleTime.
I have no idea what all was on the pizza, but it was truly one of the best pizzas ive ever had, and definitely the most unique tasting..the only sad thing is, ill probably never have the same thing again.

1  Thank NicWill
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Pizza is one of my favorite foods, and Scratch makes it just the way I like it. Everyone has different preferences, but for me, it is absolutely perfect! I love their 3 different sauces and the multigrain crust. We sometimes do the "trust" pizza, and that is always fun to not know what you are going to get. But we also sometimes pick everything we want, and they always do a great job with the amount of sauce, cheese, and toppings. I love the crust, it is not too thick and not too thin. And it is awesome that it is BYOB!

Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

While Chicago is known for deep-dish and New York fot its thin crust fold-over slices, Johnson City should be put on the map for Scratch. It's hard to say what makes their pizza so fantastic-- maybe the ingredients or the preparation-- but it's a completely unique and memorable food experience.
The toppings are all delicious, and you really can't go wrong with any combination. One option is a "trust" pizza, on which the toppings are chosen for you, or a "limited trust," where any toppings or sauce or crust can be foregone.
Scratch is not fast food, so don't go if you are in a rush, but go you must!