“Best pizza around, vinyl records, & BYOB, what's not to love?”

Scratch Brick Oven Foodworks
Ranked #11 of 306 Restaurants in Johnson City
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Bristol, TN
“Best pizza around, vinyl records, & BYOB, what's not to love?”
Reviewed February 26, 2012

We finally tried Scratch & was not disappointed. We went with a limited trust pizza and the pizza was incredible. Fresh spinach, green peppers, onions, feta, and capicola on a wheat crust. The wait wasn't bad for a busy weekend night. They only real drawback as others pointed out, is the limited parking.

Virginia
“Best pizza we've every had!”
Reviewed January 25, 2012

Loved this place! The atmosphere - choose your own vinyl records, super friendly folks, eclectic surroundings, no pretentiousness allowed - was great. And the pizza, oh my gosh, the pizza was absolutely amazing and the best we have ever had, and we're no youngsters. We've eaten a pizza or two at places all over the country. We chose what is called "Limited Trust" as my hubby will not touch mushrooms, but we left if up to the chef to be creative with everything and anything else on the menu. First off, he chose a wheat crust for us. Now I've eaten wheat crust at other places that was tasteless & bland, but NOT HERE - it was wonderfully flavorful. As for the ingredients, there were so many toppings, I'm not sure what all was on it - there were some smoked meats, feta cheese, spinach, kalamata olives, banana peppers, granny smith apples, onions, red peppers, red sauce and other stuff - you cannot imagine how good it was! This is not a pizza to drown in parmesan to give it some flavor, it needed nothing else. I'm so glad we let the chef surprise us. And at $20 for the two of us, I consider it a bargain. As others have mentioned, it's BYOB so we were able to bring our own bottle of wine to enjoy with the pizza. (If you're picky about using a wine glass, you might want to bring your own; they have an assortment of coffee cups & glasses on the shelf & you just pick one out yourself to use. We didn't mind that at all.) We're definitely regulars now. You absolutely MUST try this place, you will not be dissappointed!

• Visited January 2012
Dayton, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“IN-CRED-IBLE!”
Reviewed January 23, 2012

This is now one of my all-time favorite places and I will be back EVERY time I visit Johnson City. For a vegan to love a pizza place this much, you KNOW it's amazing. A truly original, truly awesome establishment. (And my non-vegan family loved it, too!)

Visited January 2012
Max Meadows, Virginia
“GREAT PIZZA AND PESTO CHEESESTICKS”
Reviewed January 22, 2012

The place is a little "different", but the food was great. The pizza was some of the best i've had.

Visited January 2012
Roanoke, Virginia
“Great Pizza, people, and environment.”
Reviewed December 29, 2011

My wife and I were traveling through the city and stopped here on a whim. Parking is lacking. It is in a old house and looks run down. Once inside you will find friendly staff who will help you. It is however on you.... They use a sheet which you fill out and make your own pizza. Lots of options, or you can "trust" them. Then its on you again as you can BYOB or by the honor system get a bottled drink. The environment inside is eclectic and neat. They have a record player, and lots of record options that you can put on and listen to. When you get your pizza they give you parmigiana cheese and dried red peppers. The pizza itself was awesome. Its everything you want in a pizza, but again you decide how its made. So, if its not good, its prolly on you. When all is said and done you go up and pay.

Next time, I have to go through Johnson City I will be stopping by there.......

• Visited December 2011