“Best Italian east , TN”

Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Johnson City, Tennessee
“Best Italian east , TN”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Good authentic Italian Food, cooked by someone who is Italian. What more could you ask for. Very good menu rom Veal Pizzaiola to stromboli and a very good Martini. Try it you will like it.

Visited February 2014

Erwin, Tennessee, United States
“2 Excellent Dinners”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

My wife and I have eaten here twice, and both times we had an excellent experience. The food is delicious. It's our go-to place for good Italian food in Johnson City. They need to advertise more. During both of our visits, there weren't many people there. It's probably because the location is tucked away behind a busy Mellow Mushroom.

• Visited October 2013
Olympia, Washington
“It was ... ok”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

The place is a little on the dark side (lighting). We started with the Cold Antipasto plate (see attached pictures). It was ok, the Prosciutto was tough. The other half used the term *shoe leather*, as I recall. We both had the minestrone for the soup. Although it was good ... it tasted more like Basile Tomato soup with vegetables in it. Service was fast. For an Italian restaurant? A little to fast. As in prepared ahead of time and warmed up? My chicken was over cooked (tough, crispy around the edges). The bread was good ... and hot. The butter(?) was rock hard. The sauce on my main course was Genovese (see attached pictures), was drowning in Pesto.

The other half had the Bella Vita (signature dish) she thought the veal was a little on the tough side, but ... the shrimp was very good!

Now ... on the other hand ... the pasta was excellent! Cooked to perfection! The sauce? Again ... it tasted like the soup we had earlier. Actually ... there wasn't much of a taste contrast. It all tasted the same - except the Pesto. There was some much of that, I couldn't taste much else after I ate that.

I'd give it a ... try somewhere else vote.

• Visited September 2013
Gray, Tennessee
“Great locally owned restaurant”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Bello Vita has the best Italian in Johnson City. It's always our pick for pasta! I usually have the manicotti or the chicken parmesan. The salad with house dressing is excellent and the warm bread is just the right accompaniment.

• Visited June 2013
Johnson City, Tennessee
“Our favorite Italian Restaurant in Johnson City”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Whenever I get a craving for Veal Piccata, a good chianti and canolli, we head to Bello Vita. This restaurant is not as crowded or well known as some of the chains, but the menu is terrific, the prices are fine, and the service is excellent.

Visited May 2013