“Best of the casual dining restaurants”
Review of Cheddar's

Cheddar's
Ranked #7 of 311 Restaurants in Johnson City
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I don't normally enjoy this type of restaurant, but I was quite pleased with Cheddar's. We have passed this restaurant so many times without seriously giving it a try. Our niece and family were passing through town and we decided to give it a try as a place to eat and meet. The parking is always packed. Before entering I was concerned that we may have a long wait. That was not the case, the restaurant is very large inside and easily handled all. The menu seemed to have something for everyone. I had the grilled talapia. The fish was grilled to perfection and placed on a bed of seasoned rice with a few small shrimp and a mango salsa sauce. For sides I had broccoli and potatoes. The grilled shrimp weren't the best, but the food was very good as a whole, and the price was very reasonable. All six of us were very pleased with our meal, service, and the price.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Went at 2:00 in the afternoon and even though it was very busy was able to get seated right away. Of course it was just a party of 2. This was our first visit to Cheddars. The atmosphere was very nice; family oriented but also nice for business lunch or for a couple. My husband and I both had the Monte Cristo sandwich and it was outstanding. The helping of fries was generous and we were both stuffed. Also, the service was very good with no long waits and our server was friendly and seemed to know her job well. They seemed to have plenty of staff to accommodate their customers needs. Will definitely go back.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Stopped by here for lunch on a road trip along I-26. Place was packed with Sunday post-church brunch crowd. Service was prompt and friendly and food was very good. Portions were generous and I thought price was very fair. Would have expected to pay several dollars more for each dish. Sat inside though outdoor seating looked nice, but not fully open.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

cheddars ok to me everything taste the same. There is nothing so special to me to eat there. Its like another bennigans back in those days. Staff is great but the more u eat the better it is. There is nothing that great there or special to eat.maybe the hamburgers

Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

First time visit for me, but my brother-inlaw eats here regularly. He chooses Cheddars as his #1 choice in Johnson City. I agree that Cheddars will be on my list when we come back. The grilled chicken pecan salad was fresh and perfectly grilled.