“Good Food, Good Service, Reasonably priced”

Peerless Restaurant
Ranked #127 of 316 Restaurants in Johnson City
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I am a Financial Consultant and have been using their Facilities for Seminar/Workshops the last 6 years with zero compliants on the food or service. They offer sit down/dining room, private rooms and banquet rooms.

Steaks are great, same with the Prime Rib. Always try the Grecian Salads and Steak Fries.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

went in july the quality has gone down. I was really surprised. I rather go to longhorn and eat food is better. Staff needs some polishing up

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We decided to come here on a recommendation so our expectations were high. The restaurant was very busy so there was a little wait, which I was happy to see because I thought it would be good. We decided to get a large Sirloin for two deal, the Sirloin was very large however was a lot a fat. It really didn't look like a Sirloin cut and had no seasoning or searing. I only had a few bites and let my husband eat the rest and later that night he got really sick. It was awful this was our only date we were able to go on while he was on rr from deployment.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

Said to be the oldest independently-owned restaurant in Tennessee, the Peerless has been operated by the Kalogeros family since 1938. It continues to be the place to look for fine dining and wonderful table service! Steaks, aged to perfection, trimmed closely, then simply grilled, still are prominent on the menu. Even the chopped steak, ground daily from steak trimmings, is so succulent that it outshines steaks from most of the prominent chains (available also as a to-die-for traditional hamburger). Seafood choices, including such items as fresh, lightly-dusted fried oysters, grilled salmon, Ahi tuna, and Chesapeake-style crab cakes ,are also popular. Still included from by-gone years, the Mediterranean chicken and country ham continue to have loyal followers. Not to be missed are the unique and delicious Greek salad, Greek-style green beans, and Julienne fried potatoes (FRESHLY-cut steak fries). Desserts are said to be delectable, now including a wonderful seasonal peach cobbler, but I cannot say personally, because after many years of patronage, I've never been able to find room!

Reviewed June 1, 2012

The food was cold and my steak was overcooked. I have been all over this city and this is the worst place i have ever eaten.