“Good solid Italian Food in Relaxed atmosphere”
Review of Alta Cucina - CLOSED

Alta Cucina
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 24, 2014

If you're looking for a nice, relaxing, and romantic Italian meal, this is a great place. The dinner will take some time, but there is hot bread with dipping oil to start, a decent wine selection, and some great entrees (I like the classic spaghetti and meatballs, my wife enjoys the fettucini alfredo). One of our favorite date nights.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

My husband and I last visited on our anniversary, July 16th. Always love the bread.........best we've had in all our travels! We prefer the appetizers, can't get past ordering them, then we are stuffed. My husband's favorite is the shrimp coctail, shrimp the size of your thumb! Mine is the protabella mushroom with cheese and marinara. Don't miss out on Johnson City's best restaurant!

Reviewed March 26, 2014

We visited Alta Cucina based on the TA reviews that we had read. We visited one evening in January. Why would everyone be seated in an enclosed front porch that had no heat? First clue would've been seeing everyone sitting with coats on. We did notice, upon leaving, a portable heater set up right next to the hostess desk. Service was very slow. It took almost 10 minutes before someone came to the table to take beverage orders. There were 2 other tables of 3 at the time. The homemade bread and dipping oil was very good. The best part was that the bread was warm and made excellent hand warmers. We ordered an appetizer of fresh mozzarella which took 20 minutes to be served. We asked about any specials for the evening but our waitress wasn't aware of any. The food was nothing special and arrived 45 minutes after we sat down. We did hear the other waitress described what sounded like wonderful specials to another table, after we had completed out entrées. I was so cold and annoyed by the lack of service that I was happy to leave.

1  Thank FRMEnt
Reviewed March 9, 2014

This was our first time eating here. The food was really good!!! I had the pesto penne with grilled chicken and my husband had the ahi tuna. We also had tiramisu for dessert. We had a great experience and will definitely go back again.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

This is a very good authentic Italian eatery. They serve the most tasty homemade bread with dipping sauce. My favorite are the crab cakes especially served on a green salad.

1  Thank dcupp