“Genial Tacos Tradicionales”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed August 20, 2014

There are other good Mexican places in town; just look on the list here and you'll find several.
For my taste El Charlais is the best. I only ever order off the Traditional Menus. The burritos are awesome with jalapanos pickled in-house for a perfect heat/flavor combination. The tortas too are great.
My current favorite is the Cecina tacos. Think of a salty chewy almost beef jerky taco. That may be a bad description but believe me they are fantastic. Some of the best lingua I've ever had too.

6  Thank unknownmover

Reviewed August 10, 2014

The food was good and served quickly. Service was prompt and friendly. I thought the restaurant was fine and have no complaints. I wouldn't classify the food here as authentic Mexican or the best Mexican food I've ever eaten. It is typical for a Mexican restaurant found in a strip mall in a college town. It was very busy and popular with the college crowd. Prices very reasonable.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

Always a good meal! We eat at the location by ETSU atleast once a week.. Love the authentic food and drinks.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Great food, great staff! If you don't see it on the menu, just ask! The salsa is so good, I wish they'd serve it in bigger bowls.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

OK, you're not gonna believe this but if y are in the Tri-City area of TN and are craving a authentic Mexican meal just go out of your way a little and find El Charolais. Yes it's in a strip center, no Johnson City does not have a 'little Mexico' section of town from which you would logic a restaurant of this caliber would Spring from, yes I'm being serious. We have had to travel back and forth to JC for a relatives death and every time we go we make sure to take a meal at El Charolais. The Quesadilla is simply the best one I or my. Wife have EVER had. If you really want to get blown away add shrimp.