“Always the best”

El Charolais
Ranked #17 of 302 Restaurants in Johnson City
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kingsport, Tennessee
“Always the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

I live 25 miles away and it is worth the drive. The food is always fresh, hot and delicious. The wait staff is hard working and dedicated, always on top of every detail. Other restaurants in the area should model themselves after this place. The best restaurant in Johnson City, maybe the best in the Tri Cities.

• Visited January 2012

Johnson City, Tennessee
“I still compare all to CA mexican food....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2012

Based on the great reviews I went with a friend to El Charolais...first we noticed the exterior was lacking an inviting touch, but I'm sure they'll work on that, because the interior decor was terrific! Our margaritas were standard premix, but I could taste tequila which is a plus in my book! My friend said her Chimichanga was tasty, and my taquitas, 2 chicken 2 beef-- were good but a little over cooked. Salsa was good, and Queso was excellent. Service was great, and we will return to try other entrees. We have a number of Mexican eateries here, and several are pretty good.....this is one of them!! I want to try the tacos and other basic menu items before passing "ultimate" judgement. I wouldn't return to do that if it wasn't good food.

• Visited January 2012
Jonesborough
“No doubt the best Mexican food in Johnson City TN”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

We love this place - so glad we found it when it was called El Torito but everything is the same and even better now that they have taken over the Radio Shack space next door and put in more seating and a really nice bar area. But what is the best is the food; even though they are very busy most of the time, there isn't usually a long wait and the salsa is good and the variety of choices can't be beat. The taste - excellent! We don't like to go anywhere else and by the way, they have really inexpensive daily specials too. I almost forgot to mention the big screen TV's.

• Visited December 2011
TN
“Best Mexican Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2011

I still can't pronounce the name of the restaurant correctly, but it doesn't matter. I keep coming back for the food! The food is good, the salsa is my favorite in town, and the service is fast. If you want a seat at lunch on a Friday, you better be early!

TNSmile
“Authentic & Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2011

This is our favorite Mexican restaurant. Excellent service, excellent food, friendly staff.

• Visited October 2011