“I still compare all to CA mexican food....”
Review of El Charolais

El Charolais
Ranked #18 of 309 Restaurants in Johnson City
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed January 13, 2012

Based on the great reviews I went with a friend to El Charolais...first we noticed the exterior was lacking an inviting touch, but I'm sure they'll work on that, because the interior decor was terrific! Our margaritas were standard premix, but I could taste tequila which is a plus in my book! My friend said her Chimichanga was tasty, and my taquitas, 2 chicken 2 beef-- were good but a little over cooked. Salsa was good, and Queso was excellent. Service was great, and we will return to try other entrees. We have a number of Mexican eateries here, and several are pretty good.....this is one of them!! I want to try the tacos and other basic menu items before passing "ultimate" judgement. I wouldn't return to do that if it wasn't good food.

There are newer reviews for El Charolais

Reviewed January 5, 2012

We love this place - so glad we found it when it was called El Torito but everything is the same and even better now that they have taken over the Radio Shack space next door and put in more seating and a really nice bar area. But what is the best is the food; even though they are very busy most of the time, there isn't usually a long wait and the salsa is good and the variety of choices can't be beat. The taste - excellent! We don't like to go anywhere else and by the way, they have really inexpensive daily specials too. I almost forgot to mention the big screen TV's.

Reviewed December 27, 2011

I still can't pronounce the name of the restaurant correctly, but it doesn't matter. I keep coming back for the food! The food is good, the salsa is my favorite in town, and the service is fast. If you want a seat at lunch on a Friday, you better be early!

Reviewed November 23, 2011

This is our favorite Mexican restaurant. Excellent service, excellent food, friendly staff.

Reviewed October 5, 2011

We LOVE this place! The staff is always very friendly and the food is the BEST! It is our favorite local restaurant!