“Fun! Good pizza!”

Ranked #4 of 314 Restaurants in Johnson City
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

We had the prosciutto and arugula pizza -very good and fresh tasting! Also the may tag bleu cheese chips are a must! Kids pizza was huge and my kid really enjoyed it. Great funky atmosphere and friendly people working.

Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Great food, nice people and great atmosphere!!!! It's one of my fav places to eat and also kid friendly..that's always a plus LOL

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Not many places where you can get a descent muffuletta, tamale, and other "out of the ordinary" food items. Food was good, fairly priced, and nicely different !!

2  Thank wabjr705
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Food tastes good, but be careful, you might have stomachache and feel like to throw up after you eat. That's what we are going through now. We went to cootie brown last night around 7:30 pm and we ordered pizza, salad and Nachos with black beans. salad is not fresh, but considering the dinner time, we didn't think it's a big deal. My son does not like the black beans, so he only eat pizza. Me and my husband eat the black beans and salad. It turned out that we both feel nausea and I keep throwing up this morning for several times. My husband is still lying on bed and we both have diarrhea. So be careful when you order in Cootie Brown.

3  Thank Lily1225
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Wasn't sure what to expect from the small restaurant, but it came highly recommended. Both my wife and I were looking for a local's restaurant and this was perfect. We ordered the burgers and home made chips and both of them were perfectly cooked and flavorful. Cooties is much more than a burger joint and it appeared from the menu that one could find practically any type of food one would desire. American, Jamaican, Italian, salads, and pizza all in one place. Attentive and friendly wait staff definitely made our experience even more pleasurable. Can't wait to travel back through Johnson City, TN to eat again at both Cootie Browns and try the sister restaurant Jack's. Unique environment but an outstanding meal.

2  Thank Weston67