“Best pizza I ever ate!”

Ranked #10 of 323 Restaurants in Johnson City
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Eclectic decor and tie die shirts, but do not let that throw you off. Service friendly and quick. They have authentic Tamales that are perfect. The pizzas are thin crust, full of flavor and choices I've never heard of. Love the Jamaican jerk pizza with jerk chick, roasted garlic, artichokes amd jalapeño. Great housemade chip appetizer and fresh salads. Everything made from scratch and fresh! End this meal with a key lime cookie- they are the bomb!

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I used to come and get tamales here when Cootie's first opened, and I always opted for take-out due to the excessive noise and claustrophobic environment. The only thing that seems to have changed is that the food is not as good as before. The noise level inside is nearly unbearable, while you are nearly on top of the people at neighboring tables. I was lucky enough to have kids behind me that kept kicking my chair, and my daughter had a teenager behind her that was stomping his feet on the floor. I was pleased by the vegetarian options, but they do not include (nor do they even have) salsa or guacamole with the Mexican entrees. The three of us had a fairly good sampling from the menu so we could figure out favorites, but the food was pretty bland. I don't get why people actually pay money to be uncomfortable and have mediocre food and terrible service. It wasn't bad...just not worth the menu price/portion and putting up with the awful table service and obnoxious atmosphere.

1  Thank Jagrsgirl
Reviewed February 15, 2013

As a vegetarian, there is plenty from their menu for me to choose. My personal favorites are the veggie burgers. I like their eco-friendly theme and the quirky recycled decor. The food is prepared on site and is simply delicious. I can't say enough good things about this truly unique restaurant.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Ive eaten here a handful of times and each of those have been very good! One of my favorite things about this place is how seemingly fresh everything is. They have a good assortment of itmes on the menu which have al been good (everything which I have tried). The prices are also very reasonable. I've had (or stolen from someone in my party) the tamales, pizza, jerk chicken, black bean nachos, and one of the sandwiches and all were very good! Service has also been good every time I have been.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

From the name, I had assumed it was all about "country cooking", but there's so much more. I especially like the Caribbean options.