“Loved the atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cootie Brown's

Cootie Brown's
Ranked #4 of 301 Restaurants in Johnson City
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Loved the atmosphere”
Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

Delish jerk shrimp, good value, fun unusual atmosphere. Will be returning soon with out of town visitors

Newland, North Carolina
“Great variety”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We went for lunch. I had the mixed grill. $13.95 which came with two pieces of fish, 3oz each and three shrimp. All were perfectly cooked to a rare. Jerk seasoning with it's sauce was very tasty a little sweet with. a nice mild zing. You get two sides. I got the brussels sprouts in balsamic vinegar and the blackbeans/rice. Sprouts were fresh and not frozen. Very good. Black beans and rice were cooked just right and very flavorful. My husband got the grilled tuna.$11.95 for about 6 oz. Again it was a perfect rare. He had green beans as one of his sides and they were prepared with bacon. Very tasty with a light smoke and not greasy. Waitress was very good and the whole place has amusing murals to look at. We read the extensive menu while waiting for our food and decided that there were about a dozen more things we would like to try. Like baked brie and pesto appetizer, and the oyster po'boy. The only disappointment came with the dessert. We ordered the raspberry fusion. Instead of a "silky" texture is was gummy....like old ice cream. The dollop of "whipped cream" on top was actually whipped topping. And yes. There is a BIG difference. So the dessert kind of ruined the end of the meal. But would definitely go again to try any of the other meals.

• Visited October 2012
Okinawa Prefecture, Japan
“Lost its luster”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Cootie Brown's used to be amazing. We would always be sure to eat here when in JC. Over the years, the service has gotten worse and worse. When you arrive, you feel like you're bothering the staff to get you a table. Last time we visited in September, I ordered a side dish that we never got. I didn't make a big fuss over it, but when the bill came and the $2 side dish was on it, I wanted to make sure it was taken off our bill. At the register, when I asked the cashier to remove the error on our bill, she made me wait and wait until they could find our server. Finally, right in front of me, they asked the server if I was telling the truth and really didn't get my $2 side dish. REALLY!?! Not a good way to endear yourself to your customers. I was appalled and we haven't been back since. I can only imagine the scene that would've ensued if the server had disagreed with me. Not impressed with this place as of late. It's a real shame, because it was always one of my favorites.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank bigmaffy
Waynesboro, Virginia
“Extensive menu; great food.”
Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

My family dined at Cootie Brown's and enjoyed it very much. The food was very good and the menu quite extensive. They only serve beer, no wine or mixed drinks, so that was disappointing.

I got the Greek Chicken and it was a little dry, but very tasty! The Mediterranean Salad looked great and my daughter loved it. Serving sizes are generous and the wait staff was pleasant, jovial and attentive.

It is very noisy, so it was a little hard to talk.

Try Cootie Browns. It was a nice treat among lots of other "corporate" restaurants.

Tn
“Great Menu Good Food”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Stopped at Cootie's for lunch, they seated us quickly.
got the maytag blue cheese fries.(Yummy!!) my husband
got the tacorita. huge and I got the black bean burger,it
was great moist and fresh. wait staff fast and friendly.

• Visited October 2012