“Good experience”
Review of Local Kitchen and Wine Bar - CLOSED

Local Kitchen and Wine Bar
Cuisines: American, Fusion, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a restaurant specializing in locally sourced food that is always made from scratch, hence our name "The Local." We also specialize in offering some of the best wines throughout the world, as well as have "craft cocktails" always made from the freshest ingredients that our bartenders squeeze daily from fresh fruit and herbs, and don't forget our extensive beer list!
Oregon
“Good experience”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Went for lunch on a Saturday. It was not crowded and we sat on the patio. I appreciated the reasonable prices for quality food. My husband was pleased with the beer list (being from the northwest!). We enjoyed our meals and our server Hillary was exceptionally knowledgeable and professional.

• Visited June 2014

Kingsport, Tennessee
“Delicious Food!”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We ate there last night with a few friends. There was a crowd but the wait time wasn't long at all. We were able to get outside seating. The service was fantastic and the food quite tasty! I had the salmon with grilled vegetables over brown rice and grilled asparagus on the side. It was some of the best salmon I've ever had. The only two concerns were that three people at our table were served their meals while four of us waited at least five minutes for ours. Also, it took quite a long time to get the check. Neither of these issues were the fault of our waiter..he was great! We'll definitely go back!

Chattanooga
“Unique atmosphere and Divine dining”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Loved this place!!! I am from out of town and I met a friend at the Local for brunch - we sat out on the patio and both of us had the Huevos Rancheros - it was wonderful!! Sarah was our waitress - great service and very friendly. I loved the decor of The Local!!! Looking forward to going back again in 4 weeks!

Piney Flats, Tennessee
“Another place that won't make it without improvements !!”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Well, we sat inside to visit with friends. The noise was so loud that we decided to meet again elsewhere - we couldn't hear our people talking. The hard chairs/stools do not have cushions, the air conditioning was broken/off, they don't service ice with your water, and the waitress never returned with change for cash payers !!! The food was good, but pricey. Won't be going back unless they make significant improvements !

Tennessee
“FINALLY! Locally sourced, wonderful food in JC!”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

This is the kind of place you drive to Asheville to eat. Now, you don't have to. Locally sourced, seasonal food is here!
First, you won't see a sign for it, because there isn't one. Not sure if they just haven't gotten it installed yet, or if it's intentional. Either way, they don't need it. The place is jumping! We arrived just as they opened, and we were still the 3rd people there! The decor is just funky-fun. Pennies on the floor, wine bottles on the ceiling, rusted tin on the patio, and groovy chandeliers. But, honestly, if it was melamine walls and flourescent lights, it wouldn't matter. The food is the focus, and the picture is beautiful!
We started with the Picnic Sampler. Pimento cheese, french bread slices, pickled okra, pickled egg, house-made pickles and a chunk of fried country ham. Best pimento cheese I've had in ages. It has a touch of heat, I'm guessing from cayenne. The ham reminds me of truly home cured country ham. Cracked black pepper, nice saltiness. Yum. It hits on all cylinders. The okra, and pickles were different, in a good way. Sweet, dill and hot. All in one pickle. Amazing.
The french bread was crusty on the outside and soft on the inside. And, enough for 3 people to share and have some left... for $7. I'm not kidding.
Then, on to the mains!
I got the 13 spice grilled chicken, which was moist and perfectly spiced and came with a lovely sauce that enhanced but didn't overpower. The cornbread was moist and slightly sweet, the okra was breaded and (I'm assuming) deep fried to a cripsy coated exterior. I also got an extra side, the mac & cheese. Oven baked and very cheesy. It was great, but was my least favorite. It just didn't have the amazing wow factor of everything else we had.
Hubby got the shrimp and grits. He's a fan and we've had them in some places that are legendary. He said it measured up and ate every single bite. He said they had the spices just right.
Friend got the berry salad and said it was super fresh and everything just added up right.
We should have quit while we were full but not miserable. But, we're no quitters!
Coconut cake is an absolute must-have. Oh, my goodness. This wedge of cake fed all 3 of us with a chunk left over. So moist, so perfect. Not sickeningly sweet, just right. The icing was a work of art.
Service was amazing. They didn't hover, but were there when you needed them. They had the wine list (which is extensive) memorized. They never let a drink run dry. They answered every question we had and made great recommendations.
And, with 3 mains, 2 extra sides, a HUGE appetizer, a chunk o' cake, 2 glasses of wine and 2 beers... $70. Seriously. I'd have spent more than that at Outback and it would've been average, at best.
Can't say enough good about this place. Get there now, as it's probably going to get more and more popular!
Oh, and sit on the patio if you can. Lovely!!!