“Try the buffet”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Best Indian food for hours in any direction. In fact, it competes with only one other restaurant for best ethnic food without a drive. I've ordered from the menu and had the lunch buffet, and I've never been disappointed. Service is top notch, and the prices are fair for what you get. If you go for dinner, ask the server/host what he recommends of an evening--you won't be disappointed. The room is a little dark, and they're hard to get to--they are located behind a motel with a tight driveway.
Tip: They put great discount dining offers in the city food coupon book that comes out regularly; I know a number of students that like to enjoy moderately fine dining when it's possible to do on a budget, and this is where they go when they want something special.

There are newer reviews for Sahib

Reviewed April 23, 2012

The food is wonderful, the prices are reasonable, the ambiance is great and the service is good. Love Sahib!

Reviewed April 14, 2012

I read the reviews before entering the restaurant last night (just in case). Most folks had positive things to say about the food so, we gave it a try. The staff was excellent and the food was great. Our waiter (Barry) offered to have our choices made to order since we weren't real sure of what to order. After asking us what we liked, off he went. I agree the appearance is disappointing but, it is deceiving. The dining area is not too bad and yes could use improvement. But, overall we had a good experience and will definatley return in the future.

Reviewed April 11, 2012

Look, the people at Sahib are very nice, and I believe they want to do a good job. I cannot get past the HORRIFIC appearance and location of the building, and the sad condition of the interior. I have friends from India who love the place, and some friends from India who won't go there under any circumstances. It's very confusing. The food I had there wasn't bad (I'm reasonably experienced in Indian cuisine) but I just could not (and now I'm repeating myself) get past the building and decor.

Please, please Sahib owners, either move or pay to upgrade the current location (and that includes weed-eating and doing at least minimal landscaping outside). We need a good Indian restaurant in the TriCities but this isn't it at present. I am forced to make my own paneer (it's not that hard) and stuff so I don't get Indian food as often as I would like (I'd go once a week, at least!)

2  Thank LobstaJohnson
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Had the best malai kofta in a very long time. Perfect blend of spices.