“Very good....and sometimes great.”
Review of Cafe Pacific - CLOSED

Cafe Pacific
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 18, 2011

I am local to the area, and have eaten here a few times....it is always good, and sometimes truly exceptional. If you are from out of town, this is (IMO) the best restaurant in the area (not a "really high bar", but it is really good)....most of my "foodie friends" would agree it is the best restaurant in the area, so when you compare it to this area, it is clearly a 5 star....when you compare it to a surrounding area, 4 stars is more appropriate.

Reviewed November 1, 2011

We were prepared for the prices of this place ahead of time. I had the Baby Spinach Salad and the Shrimp and Scallops entree and my husband had the Lamb entree. The salad was very small for the price of almost $9.00 and lacked the flavor as the dressing was very bland. My entree was ok but I can make better shrimp and scallops on my own. I did not like the pairing of the rice and the quinoa with pieces of coconut on top. Definitely very disappointing. The lamb that my husband had was very tough and lacked the seasoning on the meat. The only ok part to his dish was the sauce that was used. That is about it. Oveall I now know why we have not visited this place before and we will for sure not be back. We have eaten at several upscale places and were very disappointed.

2  Thank qtypie617
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Salmon and Duck entree were excellent. Highly recommend going for a place that gives you a local flavor!!!

Reviewed August 6, 2011

So we showed up about 10 min early for our reservations. We were seated pretty promptly.... then the waiting began. Was about 15 min before we got water and asked for a drink order. After being there for an hour and 25 min, i had to get up, walk around the restaurant to find our waitress to get our check BECAUSE WE STILL HAD NO FOOD. There were two other couples who had arrived after us who had been served and were actually almost done eating. Our waitress apologized and offered the excuse that there was a large party there..... somehow didn't seem to affect the other people being served though.... Never saw a manager. Not offered anything to make amends. So don't waste your money or your time and go to Cafe 101

4  Thank Tammy C
Reviewed April 9, 2011

If I plan to spend $100 on a meal, I expect it to be immaculate as well as the service. At Cafe Pacific, I got neither. We ordered the stuffed mushrooms as an appetizer, only to be brought one single mushroom that we had to split. The serving portions were ridiculously small....we considered stopping at McDonalds afterward to get full. The lamb that I got was very fatty and did not taste good at all, and my husband's seafood platter was no where near worth the cost of the plate. Also, the service was slow and horrible. My husband called beforehand to tell them it was my birthday and ask if they could do something special...they said no to him abruptly and treated him as if he were crazy for asking. Would not go here again. I don't mind spending $100 a meal, but I expect it to be WORTH $100....this was worth about $10...if that. Don't waste your time. Go to Alta Cucina instead for great prices, fine dining and exquisite food.

5  Thank chocofoodowineoholic