“Good service, consistent food”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #72 of 308 Restaurants in Johnson City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Knoxville, TN
“Good service, consistent food”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Despite calling ahead, we had a long Saturday-evening wait with a group of 6, but got typically consistent good food with very good service.

Visited April 2013

Lake Charles, Louisiana
“Going to Va.”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Got there jusst as they were opening. Got seated fairly fast. Steaks were cooked right and they tasted great. Not to far from the motel.

Visited March 2013
Avery County NC
“Bad service bland food”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We arrived early in the day around 4 PM, we were in Johnson City to pick up a friend at the airport and her flight was delayed. Opting for an early dinner we went to this Outback. My dining companion picked up immediately that the waiter was not in a good mood. I did not really care about his mood and we ordered. I ordered the 6 oz sirloin with a side salad dressing on the side and a side of broccoli. The salad was disappointing at best but the dressing was on the side. My companion gets her food. The salad is wrong and she ordered the mixed veggies and got just broccoli. She had to return both her salad and they left the overcooked broccoli on the table.

We had to flag down a staff person to get the 2nd overpriced beer. $4.00 for a domestic?
The bread was average and the service was lacking. My friend wanted to leave a 2 buck tip on a 27 buck tab and I talked her into at least covering the 10 %. Normally I am fusing at her for overtipping.

I wont be back.

• Visited March 2013
Elizabethton, Tennessee, United States
“Greak steaks!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great steaks and salads. The nutty brown bread that is brought first is so delightful! The blooming onion was a bit too greasy for me though.

Visited March 2013
Ceres, Virginia
“3rd time is not a charm!”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I tried this property 2 times before with not the best results but was given a gift card from friends so I thought I would give them another try. What a mistake! I ordered a bowl of French Onion soup for an appetizer and it tasted like it was made the day before and then thrown under the broiler for looks. I ordered the Parmesan Fettuccine and when it came out it tasted like raw noodles tossed with 1 oz of sauce. Blandest pasta dish I have even eaten! The only food that was good was the complementary bread. One positive thing was the waitress, Donna. She made a bad meal less painful with her pleasant attitude. I can't recommend this place based on 3 bad meals but maybe you'll have better results. Good luck!

• Visited February 2013