“Very Good”

Mediterranean Garden
Ranked #21 of 309 Restaurants in Johnson City
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Turkish
Description: Here at RED MEZE CAFE (Mediterranean Garden ), We offer a wide variety of delicious options such as our succulent kebabs,gyros, delicious pita , and Baklava for dessert. Guests are welcome to bring their own wine to enjoy during their meal. Reservations are accepted and special occasion parties invited. Come visit our family-friendly restaurant for a comfortable and delicious dinning experience.
Kingsport, Tennessee, United States
“Very Good”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Loved the gyros and hummus. Good friendly service,reasonable prices though we ate at lunch. Not sure about the dinner. Will try it when I can get back up that way.

• Visited August 2013

Jonesborough, TN
“Off the beaten path”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Mediterranean Garden, is a delightful surprise. The food is always fresh and hot. The owners take pride in their food. The mixed grill entrée is always our favorite. The rice and the 3 types of meat are flavored just right. Their sheppard salad is a must. Nice atmosphere and the waiter is good. Looking for a different place for dinner, then you should give Mediterranean Garden a try. You will be back.

• Visited August 2013
“Best Turkish food I've had in a long time”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Terrific Hummas, kebabs, Greek salad,Lentil soup to die for, yummy Baklava, and more. Never had anything at thisvplace that was not tasty and authentic. Run by Turkish Americans.

• Visited July 2013
Jonesborough, Tennessee
“A taste of the middle east”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

My husband and I like "some" Mediterranean dishes, but not all. The menu at the Mediterranean Garden is not extensive, but everyone should be able to find something they like. We got pita with hummus (garlic and red pepper hummus). This was a "freebie" from our waitress because we had to wait for our food. We also got a small salad. The dressing was great, not sure what it was, but it was delicious. I ordered the Tuvuk A'la Sultan (19.95)--a chicken dish with garlic, oregano, tomato and mushroom with a choice of feta or mozzarella cheese. I opted for the feta. This dish was to die for. It was served very hot with a side of rice. The portion was large enough that I brought home enough for lunch the next day. Hubby ordered the Musakka (13.95). The waitress warned that it would be greasy (layers of eggplant, ground sirloin, béchamel sauce and melted mozzarella. It too came with a side of rice. Yes, it was greasy, but oh so good. Hubby also ate half and brought home half. The décor was eclectic and very fascinating. This wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea--it is slow food, not fast, but we really enjoyed ourselves. We may check out the Friday lunch buffet to try some of the other dishes. I hate to order something only to find I hate it.

• Visited May 2013
Kingsport, Tennessee, United States
“Adana Kebob Was Amazing!”
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

I had the Adana Kebob which was utterly AMAZING! Service was exceptional too--very attentive but also allowing for intimacy. also tried the Jalepeno Hummus --spicy but not too spicy. Food was HOT and FRESH straight off the stove. Oh, try the falafel too if you have room in your belly for all this. I didn't have lunch so I was very hungry for dinner. Portions are large so be ready to eat!

Visited April 2013