“Lovely Hotel”
Review of Carnegie Hotel

Carnegie Hotel
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Carnegie while in Johnson City for a wedding. The hotel is very nice. Our room had 2 queen sleigh beds and was nicely decorated. There is a small mini fridge in the room and the bathroom is huge. We enjoyed using the outdoor pool. We did not have time for spa services. ..maybe next time. Hotel staff extremely friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Even if this hotel was twice as much as we paid, it still would have been a good value. Excellent service. Rooms are large, and more importantly, very clean. I will absolutely be returning here the next time I am in Johnson City. Directly across the street from East Tennessee State University. Beautiful area of Tennessee.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Brandon R
Reviewed June 29, 2014

My wife and I stayed there on Friday June 27th. We were greeted by friendly staff. The check in took less than 5 min. The room was great. Everything was perfect. I had ordered room service and it was waiting on our arrival. For the money, I have not stayed in a nicer hotel. I have visited other 4 star and higher hotels like the Inn on Biltmore and the O 'Henry, but they are twice as expensive for the same type of accommodations. I will continue to visit the Carnegie Hotel not only for business, but leisure trips as well. I would highly recommend this hotel!!!

Reviewed June 25, 2014

I have stayed here twice and it is one of the nicest places I have stayed. The rooms are really large with a couch and large king beds. It is very clean and comfortable. The bathrooms are also large with two sinks, a spa tub, a shower and are spotless. The staff is also very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank travelchic24
Beth L, Manager at Carnegie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience during your recent stay and thank you for continuing to return to stay with us when you visit the area. We are so glad you had an enjoyable visit and hope you continue to stay with us when you travel to Johnson City. We appreciate your business!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

Another stay in a comfortable clean room. My colleagues and I were in town for some intercollegiate graduate medical eductional collaboration at ETSU Quillin College of Medicine for the week. Coming to my room after a full days work, it is easy to relax and recharge. We all enjoyed Wellingtons and some other nearby restaurants. Looking forward to another business trip to Johnson City soon.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your kind comments about recent stay with us at The Carnegie Hotel. We are glad you were able to rest and relax after a long day of work and that you enjoyed the food and service at Wellington's Restaurant. We are pleased that we could provide you with that feeling of home. We appreciate your continued patronage and look forward to your next stay!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed June 22, 2014

We only stayed here one night in our travels through Tennessee, but it was a great experience. Nice location, excellent customer service and very nicely appointed rooms. We were hesitant to eat in the restaurant, but because we were tired we took our chances. The salmon was delicious and the service was excellent, we had a young man ( I think his name was Eli). Would definitely recommend this hotel.

1  Thank Carolyn F

Thank you for your recent review of The Carnegie Hotel! I'm glad that the location of our hotel was convenient for you and that you experienced excellent customer service from various members of our team. I have passed on your compliments about the quality of both your meal as well as your service from Eli, he is a great asset to us and I'm pleased that his customer service has not gone unnoticed. We hope to see you again!

Regards,

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Stayed here because it is directly across from ETSU and my son was doing his "defense" for his PhD(shameless bragging). We got a good rate of $109 per night and though you can lodge much cheaper in Johnson City, we were very pleased with our experience. This is a good example of what a luxury hotel looked like in the early 1900's. The array of antiques is really interesting. The "wall unit" for lack of a better description, behind the check in counter is carved from one solid piece of wood and took 6 men to put in there. They then built the check in counter in front of it. Lots of wood all over with mahogany and oak dominating. Our room was large and comfortable with an unexpectedly large bathroom with double sinks. The restaurant/bar area was equally appointed with wood and gave you the feeling of where the early movers and shakers of this area ate and drank and smoked cigars as they plotted and schemed their next adventure. The food was nothing extravagant but we enjoyed it just the same.The bar is a whiskey bar with over 50 choices of whiskey. Only one Irish whiskey choice was a bit disappointing but I was not in Ireland, I was in Johnson City. There was a lounge area adjacent to the bar that had more antiques and my favorite was an , I think ,Alligator
upholstered sofa. Johnson City is also famous for being a hangout for Al Capone. So if you want to have a sip of whiskey or two on an Alligator sofa that Al may have plotted on, I believe you will enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: Check around a bit for a good rate. After checking some of the "get a deal" internet sites...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking your time to submit your review and congratulations to your son for completing the PhD program, that is a wonderful accomplishment and something to be very proud of. I'm pleased that you enjoyed the ambiance of the hotel, as the hotel itself is a replica, we house several antiques in hopes that it adds historic feel to the hotel. Our Wellington's Restaurant has quite the Whisky selection and I'm glad that you were able to sample a few of them during your stay with us. I certainly hope that your travels bring you back to the area and that you stay with us again!

Regards,